Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Feb 2009 13:52:44 GMT
My daughter's third birthday is coming up, and we want to get her a dolls house. This looks ideal, except it's marked as 4+, whereas most toys are 3+. Is this product really unsuitable for three-year-olds?

Posted on 7 Aug 2009 21:28:11 BDT
I am thinking about getting this for my daughter who will be 3 years 4 months at Christmas and wondered if you ended up buying this for you daughter and if so were you happy with it for her?

Posted on 18 Aug 2009 10:23:22 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Aug 2009 10:25:19 BDT
SlayerKat says:
I started buying Sylvanian things for my daughter for Christmas when she was 2 months shy of being 4. The reason they put 4+ is because there are so many small pieces for Sylvanians. The detail in their products is fantastic but obviously tiny! In one of the bedroom kits there is a tiny little pencil and ruler and the babies come with tiny pacifiers. These products are not suitable for small children who still put things in their mouths. I'm forever having to remove bits off the carpet so my baby doesn't swallow them! I'm trying to teach my daughter to look after her Sylvanian things and respect her property because she just throws them around. Older children will take more due care with their Sylvanian toys. For the time-being I'm just removing very small items and keeping them in a box until she can take better care of them and appreciate the little bits and just letting her play with the more chunky items like chairs, tables etc.

This house doesn't come with any small parts apart from the balcony fences which can be removed but I suppose there are some sharp corners etc. I think the house on it's own would be fine for a three year old.

It's only up to you if you think your child is responsible enough to look after all the little bits and if you have other younger children in your house who would be likely to eat them!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  17 Feb 2009
Latest post:  18 Aug 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about