on 14 November 2001
My 3yr old stumbled upon this video by chance and has been mesmorised by Pippi ever since. I've therefore shown the video to friends children of a similar age who also found Pippi's adventures wonderful. Upon hearing the catchy themetune a friends teenager burst into the room - and into song as she remembered the joys of this video when she was very young - absolubtley fantastic!
on 8 July 2000
The New Adventures of Pipi Longstocing is an amazing video for 3 - 33 year olds. It is a catchy crazy story of a of a girl who does what she wants to do. With Fun songs and great Characters pipi lonstocking is a fanstastic video and will appeal to anyone with an imagination and a sense of adventure.
on 22 April 2014
I purchased this for a 6 year old girl, as I remembered how much I liked it, and she loved it. She's watched it a few times now, and the nearly 9 year old boy was pretty engrossed too!

Just in case anyone is concerned...the case wasn't in English, but the DVD is :-)
on 26 March 2013
This is not a review of the film itself - you're reading this, so presumably you already like it! It is, rather, an attempt to guide you towards choosing the best DVD issue for you.

Firstly, as far as I am aware, at the time of writing, Pippi 1988 has been issued on DVD in just four countries: the US, Holland, Germany and Italy.

From an English speaker's point of view, you can't go wrong, as all of them feature the original English 2.0 Dolby Surround soundtrack and English subtitles.

The main difference between them is that the US region 1 DVD has a 1.33:1 (fullscreen) aspect ratio, open matte image, in the NTSC format, whilst all of the European region 2 DVDs have a 1.85:1 (widescreen) aspect ratio image, in the PAL format.

In a nutshell, the European editions are best, especially if you have a widescreen television, as they're in the original theatrical aspect ratio. They won't, however, play on most US televisions.

The US DVD is ok, if you must have it; it will also play fine on any European equipment.

For a more detailed breakdown of the other various different dub and subtitle options, look up Pippi's comparison page on DVDCompare.net.

I hope all this helps!
on 10 July 2012
Remember watching this film when I was about 8 years old, and enjoyed it so much then. After thinking about it a few weeks ago, I just had to look for it online to buy. All kids will love this...i'm 20 and I still love it!
on 17 June 2013
I BOUGHT THIS DVD FOR MY DAUGHTER, SHE LOVED IT, THE DVD ITS SELF IS OF GOOD QUALITY, FAIRLY PRICED AND OF GOOD SOUND AND PICTURE, IT CAME ON TIME AND WELL PACKAGED, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS DVD FOR ANY CHILD.
on 15 May 2009
Excellent kids film. My daughter watched this 15yrs ago and loved it and now my 7 yr old son has enjoyed watching it. The girls will love it and the boys will watch and enjoy but wont admit it!!
on 29 May 2013
I had been looking for this on dvd for years. Ordered it as soon as i found it and waited for it to arrive. Luckily it arrived promptly and worked. I now have the whole family singing along. :)
on 12 January 2014
A childhood favourite of my sisters and still a great family film. Difficult film to track down as well, at least in region two.
on 28 October 2012
This was a gift for a friend's child (age 7), but they enjoyed it so much they wanted to watch it with us too. We had a combined movie afternoon and we were really impressed with this version of Pippi - plucky and endearing ... just right! The young recipient of the DVD already knew all the songs after having had it just a month, so they must have watched it a few times already, and the songs are delightful and catchy. And excellent DVD!!