- Learn how to perform an efficient, organized, and effective penetration test from start to finish
- Gain hands-on penetration testing experience by building and testing a virtual lab environment that includes commonly found security measures such as IDS and firewalls
- Take the challenge and perform a virtual penetration test against a fictional corporation from start to finish and then verify your results by walking through step-by-step solutions
- Detailed step-by-step guidance on managing testing results and writing clearly organized and effective penetration testing reports
- Properly scope your penetration test to avoid catastrophe
- Understand in detail how the testing process works from start to finish, not just how to use specific tools
- Use advanced techniques to bypass security controls and remain hidden while testing
- Create a segmented virtual network with several targets, IDS and firewall
- Generate testing reports and statistics
- Perform an efficient, organized, and effective penetration test from start to finish
About the Author
Lee Allen is currently the Vulnerability Management Program Lead for one of the Fortune 500. Amongst many other responsibilities, he performs security assessments and penetration testing.
Lee is very passionate and driven about the subject of penetration testing and security research. His journey into the exciting world of security began back in the 80's while visiting BBS's with his trusty Commodore 64 and a room carpeted with 5 ¼ inch floppy disks. Throughout the years, he has continued his attempts at remaining up to date with the latest and greatest in the security industry and the community. He has several industry certifications including the OSWP and has been working in the IT industry for over 15 years. His hobbies include validating and reviewing proof of concept exploit code, programming, security research, attending security conferences, discussing technology, writing, and skiing.
He lives in Ohio with wife Kellie and their 6 children Heather, Kristina, Natalie, Mason, Alyssa, and Seth.