on 13 July 2002
This book is good for those of all programming levels. If you haven't done much programming and no games design in Director, then this book is for you. It is also good, however, as a reference guide to dip into. I went back to this book recently as I hadn't done any work in Director for a long time and needed a refresh on some things.
on 4 December 2004
A good aspect of this book is that it kicks of with Lingo and doesnt waste 100 pages explaining the interface. If a collection of 2D game scripts to rip and hack for your own need is what you want, then this book serves that purpose. The trouble with this book is that its scope is quite limited. No I/O or Parent and child scripting are several topics that spring to mind, and Im sure there will be other topics missing to when I decide I need them. That said, there is a fair amount of code in the book with good explanations provided.
on 9 April 2015
I like this book eventhough the lingo code inside is a bit obsolete, however, I was able to make changes to the code to get it working sufficiently.I even contacted the author via email and he kindly responded. I am keeping this book for my bookcase.
on 20 October 2000
it goes from the simple quiz game to advance lingo in no time... very good for people that like to learn doing it