Format: PaperbackChange

on 18 March 2009
This is a fantastic book for Early Years Foundation degree Students. I'm sure I will still be using it when I progress onto the primary teaching degree. It is an all-rounder! All subjects are explained in an easy to understand way and it gives you a broad overview. I have used it for every assignment so far. Covers subjects such as multi-agency working, Child protection issues, legislation and policies, some theorists, working with parents and being a reflective and effective practitioner. Would recommend.
11 comment21 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2009
This text was recomemended by my tutor as the core one for the Foundation Degree in early years and I can see why. It is extremely readable,contains a lot of information that is relevant to HE childcare courses and really gets you thinking. But best of all, Amazon sold it for the BEST price! Excellent!!Advanced Early Years: For Foundation Degrees and Levels 4/5, 2nd edition
on 22 April 2009
I have only just purchased this book a few months ago and have already found it so useful in my studies.I am now in my second year of my Foundation Degree and wish I had this book for the begginning it covers all the subjects of the criteria,explaining fully and helps with the assignments tremendously as it also has websites and other book lists to move on in your research. Most useful book I have purchased (and there has been many!)
on 12 February 2015
I really wanted to like this but I find it very hard to read. The text merely touches on things you need to know about without going into detail. I find it impossible to digest this kind of writing. It seems to have been aimed at people with a very low level of academic ability but even then, what is the point of such brief discourse without any challenging content to analyse or discuss?
on 31 December 2011
I have completed my first semester of the Early Years Foundation Degree course and this book has helped immensely! I was able to relate all of my assignments to the chapters in this book from study skills to physical development to playing etc. An essential buy for anyone studying towards a foundation degree =).
on 4 March 2012
The book arrived swiftly and in perfect condition. This is a brilliant book, ideal for helping me with my Foundation Degree. I am on my second year yet this book is still so useful. I have taken it out from the library on several occasions and am now delighted to have my own copy.
on 31 October 2011
Definately worth a buy if you're doing any course to do with early childhood education.
I am currently doing my FdA in early childhood education and have found this really helpful.
There are a few topics on my course that this book either doesn't have, or has very little on, but overall an excellent book.
At the end of every chapter there are tons of references that you can either check out yourself or just at them at the end of your assignment so you don't get done for plagirism! Plus, they give a list of further reading if you want to go into more detail on things.
Overall, an excellent book, and has really helped me with my assignments!
Hope this is helpful! :)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2010
I must say i am incredibly disappointed with this book! I am currently doing my NVQ4 in childcare and i find myself using my level 3 book alot more than this book! I am nearly finished my course (have 2 half units left) and have used the book once which was last week after starting the course in april! The book was recommended by the people providing the course and all i can say is im glad my workplace reimbursed the money to us all! There are about 14 of us all doing the course and not one of us has found the book any use, most of our uses for the book has been to stand things on!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2009
This is fantastic and vital for my course! It's really got everything in it and has helped a lot! Condition is excellent and the book is just fantastic! Really good!
on 3 December 2011
I bought this book for my daughters University course. Is is a very informant book and she is using it constantly as a reference for assignments.