This third edition of Advanced Design & Technology has been revised to match the new AS/A Level specifications from Edexcel, AQA (NEAB) and OCR.
This leading text is also suitable both for the Scottish Higher and Higher Still qualifications in DET, and for the International Baccalaureate (Design and Technology option from Group 4: Experimental Sciences) Fully updated, Advanced Design & Technology not only provides a practical guide to modern designing, but also covers both the scientific principles and the technical information required.
The structure of the course has been re-organised into focus areas to cover the new specifications and to reflect Design and Technology at GCSE. The book is split into four main sections:
- Systems and Control
- New Case Studies put theory into real-life contexts which are relevant to student's experiences. They include material on both industrial and commercial design.
- The Case Studies section has been expanded and now has sixteen pages in full colour. This section includes samples of A level student projects and has been compiled by Mike Hopkinson, Principal Moderator for OCR Design and Technology.
- Coursework examples and exam questions cover the new AS/A Level specification. Worked examples show how key concepts are applied to numerical problems,
- Includes sections on design and its place in society.
- Covers the requirements of OCR, AQA and Edexcel A Level specifications.
- Written at a level appropriate for today's AS and A level Design and Technology students, with motivating illustrations and a wide range of photographs and diagrams.