Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 13 May 2014
I've read a couple of these books - all brilliant value even on their own

Rebecca Cantrell - The World Beneath:
Joe Tesla lives in the tunnels under New York's Grand Central Station, marooned there by an attack of agoraphobia that cripples him with panic if he tries to go outside. One night, as he roams his underground terrain, he comes upon a man, clearly ex-military, breaking down a wall to reveal a old train-car, the inhabitants bricked up alive to stop them sharing their secrets. When the man is murdered, and the madness he carried in his brain released, Tesla must race against time to stop more people being infected, as well as saving his own life from those who want to keep the secret hidden.

An original hero with a psychological flaw, Tesla and his dog, Edison, will keep you engaged until the end of this fast-paced thriller.

CJ Lyons - Snakeskin
CJ Lyons writes “thrillers with heart” and loves to involve the reader in the life of the protagonist, how the job affects them and how their family life is affected. In Snakeskin, we see Lucy Guardino who is a FBI agent working against child crime and child abuse.
I spoke to CJ Lyons and she did spend time with the FBI for her research. This is a very hard area to work in. CJ also works in pediatrics so the topic is close to her heart. As the book opens, we see Lucy basically trapping child abusers by posing as a woman offering her child for “playtime”. I don’t like child abuse themes but this is from another angle – from the rescuers point of view and it;s not graphic and it doesn’t happen. The child Lucy has in her van is a dummy and before they know it, the men are arrested but not before Lucy gets into some trouble. The snake theme starts very soon into the book with some obsessed religious nuts, and continues later. So on one hand, we see Lucy working away at her job trapping paedophiles and then we have the main thrust of the story which is the abduction and search for fourteen year old Ashley. Fast-paced, with a count-down based on the timeline of Ashley’s abduction but still with characters you can feel for and like, Snakeskin is part crime, part thriller with a strong female protagonist.

Zoe Sharp - Blood Whisperer
Kelly Jacks wakes to the smell of blood and finds she is holding a knife, with no memory of what happened.

Years later, when Kelly has served time for a crime she believes she is innocent of, she is working as a crime scene cleaner when a suspicious death makes her question the official version of events. But her probing leads to swift retribution and an escalation of violence that soon means she's on the run for another murder she has been framed for. Zoe Sharp certainly knows how to keep her characters on the run!

Kelly is a fantastic new heroine, unbeaten despite the massive odds against her and never giving up. I particularly liked her expert climbing skills and how that is wound into the plot.
on 6 May 2014
Snake Skin by C.J. Lyons is an incredible, fast paced thriller. We are introduced to Special Agent Lucy Guardino - a tough, determined,uncompromising, no nonsense kind of agent working in the sexual assault felony enforcement squad.

Driven by her loathing of child sex offenders and her desire to save all victims, Lucy finds it difficult to balance her work commitments with the needs of her family and when a 14 year old child is kidnapped, this becomes all the more difficult. Lucy knows that the first few hours are crucial and the victim's life may very well depend upon how quickly they can establish leads and process evidence.

The pace is relentless, with plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing to the very end.

A truly incredible novel, with all the action and excitement you can handle and a wonderful new heroine.

Although this was the first work that I have read by the author, it certainly won't be the last
on 3 May 2014
I brought this, as the group of authors is fantastic pick. There is not one bad book on this collection.
Every one of these is action from the start, you won't be disappointed.
on 25 February 2015
You get what you pay for and the price reflects what you get.

Oddly, most of the books seem to have a supernatural twist which isn't clear from the sales blurb on Amazon.
Although I've read some other works by a couple of the featured authors, their contributions here seem a bit of an embarrassed afterthought.

If you like supernatural thrillers then you *might* enjoy these (but, then, none of the stories were *that* out there so perhaps not). Did nothing for me, though.
on 26 November 2014
I can't believe what great value this collection was. Kept me entertained for several days.

Each story totally different with lots of twists and turns. I thoroughly enjoyed reading them all and am delighted to recommend this to other readers.

I will also look out for other books by these authors who were all new to me.
on 1 June 2014
Lots of blood but impersonal nobody matters very little characterisation. It seemed that the most important items for the "hero"of the majority of the book were cigarettes and tablets, got bored with the deaths. (?)
on 23 July 2014
Great product but the books were, in my opinion, split between suitable for all and definitely, for men. Only my opinion but this was just the subject matter of the books involved. Still fantastic value for money.
on 16 August 2014
Liked the variety and the action
Like the idea of picking a batch of books that are fairly similar, so I can go seamlessly from one to the next, especially when they are free.
on 17 September 2014
Seven tales that I was sorry to reach the end of. I even enjoyed the last one which is actually a short story which is something I don't normally like.
on 24 August 2014
I like the compilation of short stories. I have not read all the stories yet but the stories I have read have started at a cracking pace.