Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Mar 2012 19:07:23 GMT
R. S. says:
I must say I am pretty appealed by the pricing policy for Adobe Lightroom. Less than 3 months ago (on 14. december 2011) I ordered Adobe Lightroom 3 through amazon.co.uk for the price of 143 £. It arrived around 20th of december. Now, out of the blue, today I get a promotional email from amazon telling me that starting from now, I can order Lightroom 4 for only 99.99 £. While I am glad Adobe is lowering the price for their (excellent) software, I am shocked to find that the upgrade from Lightroom 3 would cost me a whopping 61.99£! So all in all, if I wanted to use Lightroom 4, in total it would have cost me more than double the price for which it is sold now, and that after less than 3 month's use!
Looks like Adobe does provide a complimentary upgrade, but only for those customers who bought LR 3 less than a month ago or so (when it's price had already drastically fallen). The rest of us are left wondering how this kind of policy is supposed to encourage honest people to invest money in a legal license, when just a couple of weeks later their software not only is suddenly outdated, but the shiny new product is much cheaper, and the upgrade costs insulting.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  9 Mar 2012
Latest post:  9 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 (Mac/PC)
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 (Mac/PC) by Adobe Systems Inc. (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (187)