- Spiral-bound: 256 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 1 edition (19 Jan. 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0130868477
- ISBN-13: 978-0130868473
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 1.6 x 27.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 8,207,574 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Adobe Premiere 5: Digital Video Editing (Against the Clock) Spiral-bound – 19 Jan 2000
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
The book seems to be based on a US multimedia college course and comes complete with homework assignments and various exercises to do away from the computer. I immediately liked the spiral binding which turned out to be extremely practical for working with the book open at the computer screen.
The book is totally based on practical exercises. Each chapter is a different project and all the required clips are on the accompanying CD-ROM. You quickly gain confidence by the results you achieve.
The early chapters cover the basics of putting together a few video clips with some sound, and quickly move onto adding transitions and filters. There is not a great deal of in-depth reference text to accompany these sections, but the results gained in the examples do inspire you to start playing with the other transitions and filters available within Premiere.
Sections followed on still images and alpha channels. I found that these chapters started opening my eyes to the creative opportunities within Premiere. All the time, these new concepts were being underpinned with repetition of the basics as all projects begin with Project Settings and run through to Final Cross Platform Output.
The Sections on AddingTitles were comprehensive and showed a great range of styles and effects which could be used to create very professional results.
An introduction to Superimposing clips followed. Again the quick results gained inspired me to want to be out there doing this for myself.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Video
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Cinematography
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts