on 29 March 2010
I have recently purchased the new Adobe Photoshop 8 as the one I had previously was only Photoshop 2 and wouldn't load onto to my new computer. I saw this classroom in a book for Photoshop 8 so I thought I would give it a go. Please I did as the new photoshop 8 is completely different to my last one and I think I would have been struggling to understand it all. Each chapter is split into one to two hour lessons and so far have been fairly easy to follow. The CD has all the photos you need to work with in the lessons and each lesson you download different pictures to work with.
on 5 June 2010
I found this book absolutely brilliant. I have been working with photoshop elements for a little while, but this book taught me things I did not know.

I would recommend it to anyone just starting out.
on 2 October 2010
Knowing that a book would be necessary if I was to get to grips with the new software (Adobe offers only online/onscreen help) it was just a matter of choice. This one seems good so far, though I am not right through it yet, but be aware of one point. Like most similar books, it is quite expensive but also quite long (and has a CD of sample files to carry out the exercises on). In this case, however, the book has separate early chapters according to whether you are working on a Windows or Mac computer. This means that, of the 420-odd pages in the book, 90 are of no relevance if, like me, you work on a Mac, or 34 pages if you work on a Windows machine. And quite why it takes 90 pages to explain for Windows users what can be done in 34 on a Mac is a mystery. Possibly they skimp on the Mac side, perhaps the software sits better on a Mac (there are two different versions, unlike the book), or may be it's a comment on the users, I don't know. Having said that, the book is nicely produced and will certainly have helped me get to grips with the programme in a way I could not have done without.
on 2 October 2013
Clear tutorials with a download facility that replaces the CD. I can have this open on both my laptop and Kindle which makes for easier use as I learn.
on 22 September 2010
I haven't opened it yet. Photoshop Elements 8 classroom in a book. quick Delivery, Thanks DS.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse