on 3 December 2001
This book is exactly what I expected.
It covers pretty much everything you'd need to know for day-to-day administration of SQL Server 2000. This book is peppered throughout with useful tips, workarounds and troubleshooting tricks. I have also found it quite useful to get up to speed before preparing for the SQL 2000 Administration exam.
on 17 June 2001
I had read 3 different SQL admin books before this one and not learnt a lot. This book covers everything I needed to know and what is really useful are the tips contained on pages explaining the simple way of understanding complex procedures. It shows everything from simple maintenance tasks to load balancing heavily used DB's.
on 21 January 2002
An excellent collection of hints and tips. This book gave me several ideas on how to implement things differently.