TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 February 2012
Hi there.I was looking for something to keep my Laptop cool.. I have to spend a lot of time in bed due to illness and my laptop gets VERY hot.. in fact too hot..plus when it's on my legs or lap it gets very uncomfortable... Look no further then this.. it great.!!!
I'll get the short commings out the way first.. It's made of Plastic so don't expect anything more.. and it feels like it's going to break in your hands when you first handle it ..but it won't..and if you are going to use it for a 15.6" screen.. it will be fine but it will overhang (not to worry as I will explain later)
When it came I thought I had bought a load of rubbish ..plastic..light and flimsy.. However.. when I started to set it up and put my laptop on it..it suddenly became quite robust.. there's a lead conveniently placed away underneath in a small storage compartment to connect to one of your USB ports and there's actualy a 5volt pin just in case you want to use a powered source ( it does not come with one).. There are 4 spare usb ports in all, so even using one of them it still leaves you with 3 spare.. The lead that came with it seemed like it would not reach MY usb port at the other end of my laptop..but it was the perfect length leaving nothing dangling. I plugged it in and my laptop located it right away and as soon as it did the blue neon glow from underneath told you the fan was working... and very quite it is too.. NOT silent.. but VERY quiet.. At first you will think it's not blowing anything significant to do anything.. but laptops do not need a howling gale to keep them cool.. just a very gentle breeze will suffice.. and this was perfect.. Even after 2 hours plus laid on my Duvet directly my laptop was as cool as ever..not a hint over over heating.. I tried it on my lap and it fits great and is comfortable too.. and again.. cool lap.. and cool laptop.. Fab.!!!.. there are even some small legs to pull out underneath the body of the case to set it on a table top with just a hint of slope.. but all in all there are 9 setting for viewing (more then enough).OH.. one other thing.. there are two more lugs to extract to let the laptop rest on when the tilt is being used to stop it slipping off.. and inside the case there are 2 extension lugs to fit over these just in case you think the smaller ones won't do the job... nice touch that.. I found I had to use them with my laptop, a Compaq 15.6".. All in all.. a great product for the price and it actually works very well indeed.I don't think anyone should be disappointed with it as long as they don't expect a Clyde suspension bridge to support their laptop.. get one while you can..:)
on 13 July 2012
this is the best laptop stand i have ever bought even if it had no fan to cool the laptop this would still be my opinion,one small detail is the laptop overhangs by maybe 1-2cm on each side,if you have no numeric keypad this would fit fine,fyi 15.6" laptop sceen is the one that overhangs a LITTLE please dont be put off with this,also on all laptop stands putting a non slip mat or anti slip mat(customize that for the stand)is always a good thing to haveNon-Slip Gripper Roll x 2 (Black) - Over 11,000 cm2 - ULTIMATE Extra Thick 400 gsm Floor, Mat, Tray, Drawer Grip - 100's of Other Household and In-Car Uses! this looks closest to what i use but you find them in car shops and £1 shops also.
on 6 October 2013
I love this Stand. it does exactly what BV-electronics claims. I have suffered persistently from neck pain due to spending long hours daily on my laptop & finding it hard to maintain the correct posture in order to avoid this. Since I got this stand it has provided me with the option to situate my Laptop @ whatever angle is most comfortable & with 9 levels to chose from I can find the most comfortable position whether at a desk, on the couch or in my bed. The fan is excellent, keeping the laptop nice & cool especially when I'm using it for longer periods, which is most of the time. The Laptops internal fan remains dormant once the cooling fan is activated. Then there's the added bonus of the 4 USB Ports. At first they wouldn't activate for me, but that has corrected itself. All in all this is a wonderful accessory for your Laptop. I would suggest however that BV-electronics make a larger model for larger Laptops. My Laptop Is a Dell Inspiron 1545 15" & overhangs at the sides & back about 1/2" or so. At first I didn't like this, but I got used to it & it's fine. It's worth considering. In conclusion, this is a wonderful product & well worth the price of admission.
on 6 December 2012
I bought this product about a month ago, fist of all when I opened the package the product was damaged, to add insult to injury the product was not suited to my laptop as claimed in the advert. I have a 15.5 inch laptop, only the product was a mere 12.5inchs. Then to add to all of my woes there was a lengthy note in the package asking 'the buyer' not to write negative reviews on their product, darn cheeky if you ask me. I have been in touch with the seller to get a refund but no reply has been to date. Overall a very nausiating shopping experience, hated the product and will never buy anything from BV-electronics ever again
on 17 February 2012
I've used a number of laptop coolers and this is by far the best designed one I have come across.

It has a large single fan, which is silent, And an integrated usb hub which is very handy

It is sturdily built and will take the weight of a large laptop (though I'm only using it for a netbook) plus the angle of raising the laptop is very adustable,

it is an excellent piece of equipment.
on 22 December 2013
Bought as a prezzy and was gratefully received. keeps the laptop very cool when being used. would recommend this item no problem
on 24 November 2013
Not as heavy or substantial as It looks, but it is sturdy enough for the job. Fan works fine, and has stopped my laptop from frying.
The included 4 port usb works fine, although it does depend which port on the laptop I plug it into, as to whether it will charge anything or not (probably one of my laptop ports that is a bit dodgy). All in all, it does what it claims to do. When mine arrived, there was no power lead. I wasn't sure wat was required, as there are various sockets to choose from. Anyway, quick email, had a replacement lead out to me very quickly.. It turned out to be a simple micro usb, to normal usb lead.all in all it's just fine.
on 15 May 2013
Another great buy at Amazon... Thanks to the reviews, it's easy to pick out what might be worth the bucks and what might not be.

This Cooling pad/stand is obviously very simple, quite flimsy but it works good nonetheless. The fan is VERY quiet and even though it isn't the worlds fastest, it is enough for me where I Live (Malta, Europe - reaches over 40 C in the summer!). A big plus too with the USB ports, found them useful for all the little gadgets one might have.

Quietness: 10/10
Functionality: 10/10
Construction: 6/10
Worth the price?: 10/10!
on 2 August 2014
Pros:
1. The cooling is good. My Win PC and Mac (when hot) after connecting to this gets cooled down within 15 minutes, really good.
2. Additional USB ports
3. The seller promptly replied back to my email and replaced my cooling pad when I informed them about the issue with the connecting wire
Cons:
1. Not suitable for 15.6"+ laptops
2. The laptop front holder is too small to protect the laptop from sliding down
3. There is a separate connecting wire to connect the cooling pad with laptop whose pin is not of great quality
on 15 October 2012
Black Adjustable 9 Levels Laptop Protector USB Cooling Pad Cooler 16cm Slient Fan Pad Stand with 4 USB 2.0 Ports for 11 - 15.6" Sony HP Dell Samsung Acer,Toshiba Acer Advent Compaq Apply Mac Notebook PC

I was not impressed with this laptop cooler. I have an Advent laptop but i am afraid the laptop kept sliding off the cooler from the first adjustable setting even though there was a couple of blocks to prevent this from happening, in the end i gave this cooler away to charity.

See one answered question