Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 September 2000
I was lucky to see the worldpremiere of adiemus 4 LIVE at the royal albert hall in London on sept 28.It was a great show and they played the whole new cd and also songs from the first 3 adiemus cd's. I am a big fan of them since their first cd in 95. This 4th cd has more variation on the instrumentation(accordion, guitar,uillean pipes, harp). It has also a more celtic feeling but in real adiemus style; Miriam Stockley sings the leadvocals like always and she does it fantastic; I would say: buy this record,you won't regret it.
on 25 September 2000
As an artist releases more records the temptation to go off in a completely new direction must become overwhelming. Karl Jenkins has not done this. His latest album is an evolution rather than a revolution. There is nothing radically different here but it is done so well that the established Adiemus audience will be happy while new comers will find it accessible. One risk with a move into the "celtic sound" is that this music is going to sound a lot like Riverdance (Oh God No! Michael Flatley comes out of retirement to dance to Riverdance:The Next Generation as composed by Karl Jenkins....) this similarity is most apparent on the sixth track "Saint Declan's Drone". My favourite parts of the album are the quieter moments, Track 7 "Salm O Dewi Sant" is sublime while Track 4 "The wooing of Etain" brings something new to Adiemus in the guitar playing of Martin Taylor which gives a jazz feel to parts of the album. There are a number of tracks that will "hook" you stright away but as with each of the Adiemus albums this is one that will grow on you as you listen to it more.
on 30 August 2012
Another amazing album, Karl Jenkins will never cease to amaze and inspire me, each track is a beautiful piece of work.
Delivery was much quicker than I expected, and arrived in perfect condition, an absolute bargain, which will be enjoyed for many years to come.
on 13 July 2013
The creativity in this musical product ... the way in which sound, syllables have been used to create a musical landscape is beautiful. It is relaxing to have a vocal product where I am not tempted to analyse or reflect on the words ... just revel in the hrmony.
on 8 February 2014
I love the Adiemus cycle of music . Karl Jenkins is a brilliant composer. When my husband died I listened to his requiem and I found it a great comfort.
on 29 July 2013
Great music. Loved the composer. I have all four volumes of Adiemus, each is enjoyable easy listening. Recommend you buy the same.
on 29 October 2014
Exactly what I wanted and delivered in good time.
on 26 February 2015
very good album
on 30 August 2014
For the price I paid, I thought the delivery time was far too long, seemed like an eternity and also the cd came without any seal, unlike others that I have bought new
on 21 August 2014