on 19 March 2012
I have been studying metaphysics for many years, read many a self-help book, been to all the workshops, heard wonderful teachers speak (Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Marianne Williamson, Esther Hicks and many more), but never had I experienced such powerful shifts in my day to day life as I have with this book. This author is much younger than the aforementioned people but don't let appearances deceive you. She has gathered all of the others' knowledge and presented it in a way that is relevant to her generation.
It is one thing sitting near a serene mountain lake or on a beach somewhere and meditate, but how do you apply all that wisdom in a busy city, at a stressful office or in a difficult relationship? She breaks it all down: how to approach your own inner guidance for clarity, gain confidence and tap into that inner source of absolute joy. After reading this book, I feel like I have tools that will last me a lifetime, and boy, what a happy lifetime that can be :))
I'd give this book ten stars if I could!
on 16 November 2011
Like many women my age (!) I was brought up on Bridget Jones, Oprah and self help books. I have read and enjoyed some of them, founds some wearisome, and been rather suspicious of others. You know one especially - where you just sit there ordering stuff from the universe and it lands on your lap! This book by Gabrielle Bernstein, if you take it in and actually follow the work, can absolutely bring positive change in your life. I read it during a particularly difficult time when I felt stuck in so mnay ways, and it enabled me to have a focus and a structure to bring about changes that are positive. It has a fun, upbeat approach and Gabby's own story is interesting and encouraging. I would hope that anybody feeing a bit stuck in their lives could pick up this book and really learn how to be happy with themselves. It is a gem of a book!
on 30 May 2013
I am currently working through this, not rushing, and following her advice, and I am finding it so helpful. I very much like the idea that you have to heal past issues, not just "get over" it and move on. It's greatly enhanced by using the meditation CD alongside the book. I love her upbeat, funky writing style even though I am maybe a little older than the target demographic.
on 19 December 2015
This was my first book by G.B. and I was irritated by the slangy, jarring voice telling me to dig things, do the -ing and practice other nonsensical actions in an English that would make Orwell turn in his grave. However, the message shines pure and strong through all the noise. Love, meditate, envision, trust, exercise. In spite of my initial skepticism, I was overwhelmed by the results and now I'm hooked. Thanks to G.B.'s books I have started to feel in control of my life, and I can't recommend her work strongly enough. Do yourself a favour and buy this book.
VINE VOICEon 19 May 2013
fun & inspiring book based on the principles of A Course in Miracles. Marianne Williamson for the noughties generation without the gravitas.
on 19 February 2015
Wow! I'm so glad I found this, especially with so many self-help books out there it's easy to think this will be just another book you'll start but not finish.
The way Gabrielle writes really speaks to me; she's living her positive, happy and grateful life for all to see and she really is very inspiring. I will be re-reading often and channelling my ~ing!
on 12 July 2014
As soon as you begin reading this book, it feels like Gabrielle is someone who understands how it feels to be swamped by the insignificant worries of life, I feel hopeful that by the end of the book, I will feel as radiant and free as she projects through the book. Thank you.
on 20 November 2012
Great guide. I am greatly satisfied with the book. It was what I expected to be. I highly recommend it for those who want an easy but deep guide to better inner life!
on 16 July 2015
I love this book. I wanted to read it because Wellness wonderland" who I follow on facebook loves her. It's really easy to read and I've really enjoyed it😊
on 20 June 2016
My favourite out of the three Gabrielle Bernstein books I've read. Sparked new insights about how I block love from my life and how to break down these walls.