on 28 December 2013
So, it does seem to block ads on YouTube and such, however you have to modify the network settings for the app to work. This would be fine but the internet is now very slow and a lot of times nothing will load at all meaning hitting refresh until content appears. Uninstalling.
on 9 February 2016
I am a big user of Adblock on my laptop and computers, so was getting annoyed with all the pops ups on my phone on some movie sites etc, as I knew Adblock works for me, I thought I would download it on my phone.

I found this hard to use, you have to change it to make it so all the traffic on your phone goes through it, which I understand, but for some people that isn't going to be easy. Even once you have configured your phone to use adblock as a proxy the ad blocking nature is not that good.

Having adblock on my phone annoyed me more than not having it, everytime an advert or pop up came up it annoyed me so it wasn't that long before I changed the settings back to how it was. I left it a few months, before trying it again, updated it and then tried again, still the same problem. Yes it does block some ads, but not enough to make it worth even downloading in my opinion. There are probably better programs out there for ad blocking on phones.

This also only works on wifi, so won't block while using your mobile network, so unless you only use wifi this won't block when you are out and about, so its taking up space on your phone, processor speed for no real benefit.

There is also the issue of Adblock Plus state that to actually get the full benefit of Ad Blocking you need a routed phone, this information isn't clear, so again its just a waste of time as most people do not have routed phones.
on 7 April 2013
I'm a big fan of ABP on my Windows browsers. However, having tried as an app on my Nexus 7, it slows the loading of web pages right down. Some of them won't load at all. I have since uninstalled it.

I'm currently trying Firefox for Android as a browser, & you can integrate ABP with that as an "add on". There does not appear to be the same loading lag, & you don't have to mess around with your network configuration as you do with the "App" version.

Downside is that you are still stuck with adverts for apps that don't connect to the web through your browser (RSS readers etc.).

Anyway, Firefox is a pretty good browser, which, in my opinion, also gives better options to avoid being tracked on the net than Chrome.

If you want to use ABP on android, I'd recommend integrating it with Firefox based on my own experience.
on 27 December 2013
Completely wrecked Silk :o((( and despite uninstalling ABP, Silk remains a wreck.

I expect I shall have to reinstall Silk or find another browser.
KEEP AWAY FROM THIS APP ..' it just doesn't work. On a Kindle Fire.
on 18 April 2016
You know all those bloody pop-up adds you get plagued with and however much you complain Nobody...but Nobody does anything about because it's about you being a cashcow...well this is what you need...and do not listen when they whine saying..."If we don't have adverts we cannot run our business"...It's about time they sorted themselves out...Add this to everything you use to go on line...Kick Ass
on 11 April 2016
I know - ads pay for people's servers, or wages. But some of the ads are obnoxious and slow your machine down considerably when loading web pages. You Tube without this running is too distracting. You can always 'white list' sites that you trust or feel like giving money to by watching their 'partners offers'.
on 1 February 2016
Adblock is one of those essential add-ins to prevent your browsing experience being ruined by pop-ups, pop unders and all the other crap.

I hear that advertisers whinge about it, like I have a problem with that. Fact is , that if the adverts on webpages were properly thought out, relevant and didn't break your browser, ABP would be not needed.
on 5 August 2015
I thank the stars that I found this app. I read manga online and it had got to the stage where I got so many click ads that I couldn't make any progress at all. In fact one particular had me in an inescapable loop. I don't mind ads but when they are 80% of the content you read its too much.
on 10 January 2014
Downloaded this to remove ads from a Scrabble game, as advised. Regrettably, the ads were still present and it apeared to make no difference after configuring the proxy settings. Uninstalled to conserve Ram.
on 29 June 2016
This app works by a complex method of creating its own DNS on your phone to connect to the internet through, which is fine, only I've found it to be too unreliable among other apps after just chrome or YouTube etc. Therefore while it works if you only use basic apps, the inability for other apps to utilise it well, or it's compatibility let's say, let's it down.