Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 March 2013
This certainly lives up to the title of 'for everyone'. This is a very accessible and easy to understand treatment of Acts 13-28. Anyone who has read Acts 1-12 Pt 1 by this author will not be disappointed. Tom Wright writes in a way that brings his subject to life with relevant illustrations and a comprehensive background to the material. First century AD Rome and its Empire comes alive as we follow the journey of the apostle Paul on his missionary journeys around the eastenr Mediterranean. We gain a deeper understanding of the man Paul himself. His life and teaching is put in the context of the times and society inn which he lived. Altogther a worthy follow-up to Acts For Everyone Pt 1 and well worth reading by both theologians and lay persons alike.
on 12 July 2009
This is the fourth book within Tom's 'for Everyone' series. My wife and I try to read one commentary on a bible passage a day and this takes about 15 minutes. We like to stay with one book from the Bible at a time from start to finish and the 'Everyone' series enables us to do this. Tom is a well reputed scholar and a joy to read though the chunks we read are enough to take in at one reading. We have purchased from high-street retailers before but this 'used' copy was just as good as them. Very good value.
on 31 August 2011
Wright's Bible for Everyone commentaries are phenomenal - and this is no different! A great fresh new translation & perceptive commentaryon apassage of text ideal for daily reading.
on 22 January 2013
Tom Wright's commentaries were recommended by our Rural Dean. I use these commentaries in my sermon research and they are very helpful. The biblical text has been translated from the original Greek into modern day English, understandable by most people. The commentary on each text uses modern examples of incidents, places, people that any of us might come across or experience, to help understanding. The book can be used in personal Bible study and quiet time and/or for group activity and/or help in preparing talks and sermons. I highly recommend Tom Wrights 'Everyone' commentaries.
on 28 July 2012
Having used Acts for Everyone Part 1 very effectively in Group Discussion I am sure from first looking at it that Part 2 will be equally useful.
on 21 April 2016
Another great book by NT Wright. This time the book of Acts. I highly recommend it to every Christian! It helped me to understand the New Testament better. NT Wright got the NT Wright!
on 26 January 2014
I am working my way through the new testament and what better way than to be led by an expert. If you wish to read and fully understand the new testament then this is the way to do it
on 5 June 2014
A good, readable, devotional commentary which has been very helpful when preparing sermons. Plenty of fresh insights to inspire my own spiritual life too.
on 25 May 2013
This book completes my set of Tom Wright and the Gospels. Exceptional commentaries, right up to date. Book received as new and delivery very good.
on 7 February 2014
Tom Wright has a way of drawing attention to issues behind the descriptions and explaining the background to the whole