From the Back Cover
Classroom Gems inspirational ideas for the primary classroom.
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the Classroom Gems series draws together an extensive selection of practical, tried-and-tested, off-the-shelf ideas, games and activities, guaranteed to transform any lesson or classroom in an instant.
Easily navigable, allowing you to choose the right activity quickly and easily, these invaluable resources are guaranteed to save you time and are a must-have tool to plan, prepare and deliver first-rate lessons.
Games and Activities for Primary Modern Foreign Languages offers a valuable collection of over 150 specially selected ideas to introduce modern foreign languages to primary children of all ages, in a fun and physical way.
Whether you are looking for a five-minute gap-filler or an activity or project to fill an entire lesson, this indispensable book is packed full of easy-to-use, practical ideas, using games, drama, music and role-playing.
- No prior knowledge of a foreign language required.
- All activities can be easily adapted to teach any language.
- Includes a glossary of key vocabulary used throughout the activities in German, French and Spanish.
- Step-by-step instructions for each activity, including links and references to the National Curriculum and props/materials needed.
- Most activities include suggested cross-curriculum links and ideas for adapting activities to suit different age groups/abilities.
Instant ideas to brighten up your classroom!
Nicola Drinkwater is a language specialist with several years experience of teaching modern foreign languages at primary level in a variety of school settings. She also runs Language in Action clubs where children learn French, German and Spanish through drama and games.