on 5 February 2014
I was excited when I bought this book as I had hoped for endless, well 101, activities. Unfortunately there are only about 2 activities that I am able to use with the four year old child I care for. Most of the games were for children with communication skills but I had hoped for ones I could use with a child only interested in sensory stimulation and who can not talk. Book has now been stuck on a shelf rather than used regularly.
on 12 October 2013
This book is a great tool to have, it provides me with lots of ideas and activities to help the children I work with.
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in helping children that have special educational needs.
on 10 June 2011
Nicely explained, with the purpose and aims of the activities having clear descriptions about what skills are being developed. Really good ideas which can be used for a wide ability range as the activities are graded. A useful resource.
on 30 October 2012
I found this book interesting. It had a few good ideas which I am using in the classroom. However, I think this is very well suited for a parent with a child on the autistic spectrum.
on 16 October 2011
Although this book is American and some ideas would not be viable in our classroom settings I found most can be adapted and it has got some fantastic games that have been very useful.
on 20 June 2013
This is a brilliant, intelligently set out and helpful asset to any parent struggling to understand and/or play with their child or young person with additional needs or help them to develop. This book provides a fresh set of ideas and clear instructions how to carry them out, as well as the reason why you might want to play it and the desired effects of playing each activity. Also a must for anyone who works with young people. Will be a book I refer to again and again.
on 2 June 2014
This book is very readable. I contains very clear explanations of the barriers these children face and why the interventions will help them. It is clearly based on good understanding as well as years of experience. All the ideas are worthwhile and fun and I shall be using many of them with the pupils I teach.
on 3 January 2013
bought this for daughter in law as her son is autistic will give her good ideas for them to play
on 3 December 2015
This has been very helpful in class with an ASD pupil. Some of these activities and games have helped him with communication/ social difficulties that he had previously been displaying. We both love using some of these in class. It also helps to inform my planning. I get ideas from here so that i can help integrate him into my mainstream classroom.
on 8 November 2012
Some nice simple ideas that could be used with young and primary school aged children. also gives reasons why they are used.