on 4 November 2011
I'm no expert on computers, but sought advice on which laptop to buy from a well known consumer magazine. This computer, bought for my daughter, has exceeded expectations, so much so that her brother intends to sell his recently bought laptop to purchase one of these. HD excellent, love the keyboard. Need I say more?
on 21 April 2012
I was lucky and got this laptop at a reduced price at launch.

I'll start with the only negative, the screen. Unless you are smack bang in front and in-line with the screen video and graphics colour seems dull and strange. There is also a massive difference between black and 'nearly black' when not viewing at the perfect position. Its all a bit strange and I find it difficult to describe - try and view the screen before buying if you watch a lot of video. When you are sitting in the 'sweet spot' you will however find the resolution sharp and quality good.

Anyway, now for the good, or should I say great.

Battery life is fantastic, if I am browsing or using Word or other office programs the machine lasts around 7-8 hours. If I am using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator I get around 4-5 hours. I cant give you a figure for video because I don't watch a lot.

The keyboard is a favourite with everyone that uses the laptop. The keys are raised much like the classic Spectrum computers. Very comfortable for long periods of tying.

The processor easily copes with everything I have thrown at it. Don't dismiss the laptop because it has an i3 processor, as this second generation i3 has a higher clock speed and performance than some of the i5 and i7 processors. Unless you are planning on editing a lot of video or 3D graphic rendering this will handle it all.

Sound is very good compared to the three laptops I have had in the past, quite a punch from the speakers.

Connectivity is good, you get three USB ports, one of which can handle the new 'USB 3' with higher data transfer speed with devices that support this. It also has a nifty feature that one off the USB ports can charge your connected device even when the laptop is off - I have used this a few times already when I needed to boost the charge on my phone without booting up my laptop. As with most laptops these days you get HDMI out to connect to your HD telly.

I've not used the pre installed software so I can't comment on that. Hard drive is decent in size and average in speed at 320GB. RAM is enough for most purposes at 3GB, after a few months I upgraded to 8GB using Crucial website and it has helped me working with large files and will help you if you need a lot of programs open at once.

And it looks good too! Nice aluminium style blue colour.

Absolutely delighted with this laptop! Even in 2012 still recommended.
on 18 October 2011
I bought this computer after noticing how well it scored on a 'Which' assessment. It has not disappointed and performs well at a good price, you can't really ask for much more!
on 16 October 2011
Lightweight,easy to use,good long battery life.Which Magazine gave it a Best Buy which helped me choose this computer.Amazon promised me quick delivery.Everywhere else had sold out.
on 6 March 2012
After buying a different make laptop which I had to send back due to internet problems, I bought this based on the 'Which' review. I'm not disappointed. It looks great, is lightweight, the graphics are good and it performs well in all areas. It is sometimes a little crackly on the sound, but generally I couldn't ask for more. Very happy and would buy again.
on 15 January 2014
I use the laptop more than the desk top now. It is convenient and easy to carry round as it is not too heavy. The only fault is the length of time the battery lasts before needing a recharge which is much shorter than that claimed in the advert and the fact that the battery is not replaceable when it eventually comes to the end of its life. However, these are minor considerations when comparing with other brands.
on 13 May 2013
Especially as mine shipped as an i5 instead of i3 - fast, very quiet, easy to use and excellent battery life. Very good screen although no good in sun as very reflective. Battery life is really as long as is stated. Mine often lasts a good nine hours.
on 24 February 2014
This 13inch laptop is just perfect. All the components are well spec'd and perfectly matched for a high performing laptop. Worth every penny I paid.
on 13 February 2012
The laptop speed is excellent.It is quick to start and to shut down. Easy instructions to set up and get going. Did extensive research prior to purchase through Which and other review forums and it really is a close to as possible to Mac but with a more affordable price tag. It does all that it says it does and is excellent value for money. The keys are responsive and make data entry easy. Its very portable and looks good - classic design. The screen is clear and is a sufficiently good size to work on documents and watch films etc online. Sound quality is good too. So all in all ***** five stars!!
on 20 January 2012
An excellent product. Well built, light and nice to use. A very fast machine with excellent graphics and highly recommended.