Acer Aspire P3 11.6-inch Touchscreen Hybrid Ultrabook with Keyboard Cover (Silver) - (Intel Core i3 3229Y, 2GB RAM, 60GB SSD, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Windows 8)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Ultra versatility - the detachable tablet and keyboard lets you switch between modes effortlessly
- Powerful PC-like productivity - excellent processor performance, the OS and both instant On and instant connect
- Personal HD pleasure - HD display with wide viewing angle, optimised audio experiences via enhanced speaker sound and Dolby Home Theater, and pre-installed with a range applications and web links that are accessible with a single touch
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Aspire P3 is a hybrid ultrabook that blends the best parts of notebooks and tablets into one versatile device that's perfect for daily productivity, mobility, and pleasure, wherever you are. The 11.6-inch widescreen is good for Windows 8 horizontal scrolling, while two Windows home keys on the bottom side of the screen and on the keyboard let users change quickly between tile and desktop mode.
The P3 easily converts between touch and typing modes. The keyboard cover creates the proper support to hold the P3 at a comfortable angle (120 degrees) for touching and reading. The keyboard cover also has a holder for a stylus, to make input more flexible and productive.
The full-size chiclet keyboard in the cover provides the standard typing experience, and there are hint lines on the F and J keys that make it feel exactly the same as a normal notebook PC. The keyboard cover is connected to the pad by Bluetooth. Users can reduce the weight and size and carry the pad only while they don't need the keyboard.
Fast Processing with Intel
The Aspire P3 features a powerful Intel Core i3 processor, delivering intelligent performance that adapts to your individual needs. The Intel Core i3 processor delivers great media processing for fast video editing and sharing, enthusiast class HD video playback, accelerated web browsing, and great mainstream and casual gaming experience.
The Aspire P3 also comes pre-loaded with Windows 8, which puts what matters most right on your Start screen, so you can have instant access to your people, apps, sites and more, so you can spend less time searching and more time doing.
Productivity mode – fast and familiar
- The keyboard cover flips into notebook mode easily, and when set up in productivity mode provides a solid desktop or laptop feeling
- The full-size chiclet keyboard ensures speedy, precise typing
- Typing and touchscreen control enhance efficiency
- Closing the cover puts the tablet into sleep mode; opening the cover wakes it up, just like a notebook
Pleasure mode – free and flexible
- When the tablet is removed from the keyboard cover, it is just 9.95 mm thin and weighs just 790 grams, making it ideal for truly handheld use
- Handheld mode gives you freedom to use your tablet while walking, standing, sitting back, lying down, or even roaming from place to place
- The 10-point touch display allows for an intensive gaming experience
Portability mode – light and easy
- At less than 600 grams in weight, the keyboard cover is light and easy to handle when you're using the notebook on-the-go
- The keyboard cover features anti-slip material that's grippy and protective
- It can be set up easily like a notebook on a table or on your lap in just a few seconds, anywhere you sit down
Powerful PC productivity
Micro HDMI and USB 3.0 ports
Extending use via stationary peripherals keeps your tablet light and mobile.
Acer Instant On and Instant Connect
Resumes from sleep in 1.5 seconds, and automatically scans and registers most-visited access points to connect to the internet in 2.5 seconds.
Personal HD pleasure
Amazing visual experience
The HD display's wide viewing angle provides consistent images, colour, and brightness from viewing angles up to 170 degrees. Fast response time reduces eye fatigue, providing a better motion picture experience without blurring, and without showing any tails or puddles on the screen.
The Aspire P3 features a 5-megapixel rear camera for taking high-resolution photos, as well as a high-definition front-facing camera for video calling.
Dolby Home Theater maximises volume output and provides surround sound, while the professionally tuned speakers deliver better audio performance, stronger bass, and more vocal clarity.
1 x Aspire P3 tablet
1 x Keyboard
1 x AC adapter
1 x User documentation
Top Customer Reviews
I'm not going to go into the good and bad of W8 because even after using W8 since the day it was released, I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Certainly on a normal PC it's a pain. On a tablet it makes more sense which is why I really rate this one.
Build quality is excellent and I have no issues with it. Solid, sized nicely for normal tablet use and has enough weight to feel proper but is light enough to not be a drag.
Performance is seriously much, much better than the specs seem to suggest. I have a Dell laptop with a P7 I use for work which is dog slow in comparison. From start up to being usable takes less than 5 seconds. Honestly. Each time I switch it on I still am slightly surprised that it's up and running before I can move my chair. Typically I switch on my PC or laptop and then go make a cuppa by which time the laborious start up has been done and life can begin. This Acer has ruined that routine because it's so quick.
It runs very smoothly with no lag that I can see.
The nice thing about running a full version of Windows is that you can install proper 3rd party programs. I have installed Adobe Photoshop Elements for instance, which runs very well indeed.
Key board doubles up as a thin cover and is Bluetooth connected. You charge it using a micro USB from the P3 full sized USB port. I've done that twice in three months. In use it's reasonable. Not as good as a proper keyboard by any means but much better than trying to type on a touchscreen which of course is an option if you feel that way or you are using this in tablet mode.
There is one full sized USB port and a micro HDMI one.Read more ›
3 months later touchscreen and keyboard failed and back it went for further repairs. As I only use it when travelling it has not been used much, so I feel I must have a "friday afternoon" job, which has put me off considering this brand when I need to buy a replacement.