Were you looking for the book with access to MyAccountingLab? This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyAccountingLab. Buy Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialists with MyAccountingLab access card, 8/E, (9780273778165) if you need access to the MyAccountingLab as well, and save money on this brilliant resource.
Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialists, Eighth Edition
Peter Atrill & Eddie McLaney
“Reliable, clear, up-to date coverage of the essential topics in both financial accounting and cost & management accounting.”
- John Earley, Leeds Trinity University College
“Written in a fluent and readable style and supplemented by numerous real world examples, Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialistsis pretty unique in the field.”
–Navjot Sandhu, Birmingham City University
“The ‘AccountingLab’ feature offers extra assistance for students to focus on the areas they need to improve.”
– Xin Guo, University of the West of Scotland
This market-leading text offers an accessible, effective introduction to key accounting and finance topics. With a focus on decision-making, Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialists also teaches you how to apply your learning to real-world business scenarios. The 8th edition retains the popular real world examples, progress checks, activities and exercises, and updates or adds new information on qualitative characteristics of accounting information, dividend and financing policies, and relevant costs for decision-making.
- Up-to-date coverage, including the latest IFRSs and corporate governance coverage
- Accessible step-by-step approach helps you master the subject one step at a time
- New real world examples provide opportunities to apply and develop techniques
- Progress checks, activities and exercises reinforce learning
- Focus on decision-making prepares you for careers in business
[insert My Accounting Lab logo]
92% of recently surveyed students would recommend MyAccountingLab for future courses. It’s available whenever you are and offers a personalized approach to mastering accounting and finance concepts. Fully mapped to this text, this optional resource offers:
- A personalised study plan, designed just for you
- Worked solutions showing you how to solve difficult or multi-stage problems
- Limitless opportunities to practice
- An eText for quick reference
- Case studies to help you apply what you’ve learned
Eddie McLaney is Visiting Fellow in Accounting and Finance at Plymouth University.
Peter Atrill is a freelance academic and author working with leading institutions in the UK, Europe and SE Asia. He was previously Head of Accounting and law and Head of Business and Management at the Plymouth University Business School.