A comprehensive reference to the updated and new features of Access 2013
As the world's most popular database management tool, Access enables you to organize, present, analyze, and share data as well as build powerful database solutions. However, databases can be complex. That's why you need the expert guidance in this comprehensive reference. Access 2013 Bible helps you gain a solid understanding of database purpose, construction, and application so that whether you're new to Access or looking to upgrade to the 2013 version, this well-rounded resource provides you with a thorough look at everything Access can do.
- Explains how to create tables, manipulate datasheets, and work with multiple tables
- Teaches you how to apply the seven-step design method to build databases that are tailored to your needs
- Covers building forms with wizards, creating bound and unbound forms, and adding data validation
- Shows you ways to automate query parameters, create functions and subroutines, and add programmed error routines
- Features a bonus website with content that contains all source code from the book as well as bonus shareware, freeware, trial, demo, and evaluation programs
If you are looking for a comprehensive book on all things Access, look no further than Access 2013 Bible.
From the Back Cover
DESIGN YOUR OWN RELATIONAL DATABASES BUILD POWERFUL ANALYTICS AND REPORTING PROGRAM AND PUBLISH YOUR OWN APPLICATIONS Your all-access guide to Access 2013 This information-packed reference is exactly what you need to take your Access abilities to a whole new level. From using Access to store data and analyze information to building reports, creating applications, and more, you'll start with the basics and work your way through detailed instruction on more advanced tools. Learn to create effective tables, powerful analytic queries, robust applications with Access forms, and attractive Access reports while gaining insight on topics like SharePoint® integration and Visual Basic programming. Whether you're new to Access or just new to Access 2013, this book is an invaluable, in-depth resource for all things Access. Get a solid grounding in database fundamentals Use Access to analyze large amounts of data Turn your data into attractive PDF-style reports and outputs Automate redundant reporting and analysis using Access macros Build powerful departmental applications with Access forms Save time and increase productivity with Access VBA Integrate or publish your data on SharePoint sites Follow along with downloadable examples and database files from the book Create data collection mechanisms that can be shared online Build custom applications designed just for you Use the intuitive Query Builder in Access for easy analysis