Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Apr 2011 20:50:20 BDT
M. J. Saxton says:
How much does it matter that the Scottish accents in this film are so bad?

I think it is appalling that more effort was not made for accuracy. Of course, it was made primarily for an American audience who couldn't be expected to tell the difference.

The producers should have known how much it would be laughed in in Britain, though.

Posted on 6 Jan 2012 17:00:34 GMT
It does impact a lot on the enjoyability of the film. I'd rather they just spoke in American accents than the strangled Scottish ones.

Posted on 1 Mar 2012 00:10:57 GMT
BravoBaroque says:
I agree that rather than attempting (very badly) Scots accents they should have just spoken in their own American accents.
When Hollywood tries English accents it's bad enough,but when they try Scots or Welsh I stuff cheese in my ears!
Also to add insult to injury quite a few of the songs have been shorn of their lyrics and used for extended dance sequences for Gene Kelly & Cyd Charisse,and although they dance wonderfully it's still not forgivable.
BTW,a bit of trivia.
Did you know Ms Charisse real name was Tula Finklea,hows that for a name!LOL

Posted on 1 Mar 2012 19:21:24 GMT
M. J. Saxton says:
She should have stuck with the original name then no one would ever have mistaken her for a fella. Mind you, it would have robbed Morcambe & Wise of a joke!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  7 Apr 2011
Latest post:  1 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions