Colour: Black|Change

on 1 May 2011
Essential if you want your insurance to pay out should some b@st*#d try and steel your bike.

Easy to install - took me about 45 minutes, you might see other people claiming quicker but perhaps they just didn't install it properly. You'll need a decent hammer-action drill. To fit the anchor bolts (four to install), you need masonry drill bits, something like a 5,7,10,12,14,16mm should do just fine. Take your time there isn't much 'fudge-factor' to get it wrong. Once this is done offer up an anchor bolt to each hole - you may need to 'round out' the holes again. Offer the bolts up again - once they go in approx. 1 inch your golden. Gently tap them in, fix the base unit and put all four bolts in hand tight. Tighten up as required. Once done use a bit of grease to 'hold' the ball bearings in place and hammer them into the hex on top of the bolts - this makes them 100% impossible to undo again - so choose the position carefully! Add the cover and all is good - your sorted.

Next thing you'll need is a good lock - Kryptonite do a 'New York faggedaboutit" Gold secure lock in 150cm length - if you surf around online you'll find one for around 85 pounds - RRP is 154 pounds - I found a cracking bike shop in Northern England - Bikesyoulike - and they did me proud.

Bottom line - if you want an absolute solid way to lock your favourite bike up and sleep soundly in the knowledge it ain't going anywhere then get this anchor!
on 14 April 2011
Good quality bolt down anchor, fitting took longer than in another review listed due to hard garage floor ! Shackle large enough to get two chains through which is a bonus if you have more than one bike, one of the the reasons for my purchase. A good product and good value as it was over £26 cheaper than my local motorcycle dealers.
on 8 May 2009
what a item this is. heavy and tough looking, the WBA100 has a huge loop to take most size chains,even really chunky ones. and the bolts supplied are tough and security designed. simply knock a ball baring into the allen key slot to perminently fix the anchor to the floor/wall once drilled on.

i fitted mine in less than 20 mins, very easy and straight forward, and i must admit, the sight of my bike chained up and well and truly bolted to the floor was good to see. only a determined theif willing to really damage my bike, by cutting its frame will get it, and that would ruin the bike.

i must add though, the bolts are not really really long, and are designed to bolt the anchor straight to the floor or wall. not desinged to go through say, a wooden shed floor, then a concrete base. you would have to make a concrete piller under your shed, to fill the gap, making the anchor flush with it.

saying that, the Abus WBA 100 is ideal for bikes, but anything could be secured usin this device, caravan, trailor, even a wheelbarrow if u so choose. i recommend this to all who are seriously looking for a straonge, secure way to ensure your property if safe from even a determined thief
on 31 May 2012
I am very pleased with the end result now that I have had this product fitted to my garage floor. A few additions to the instructions would be good but it got fitted successfully in the end. It gives me confidence that my cycle will not be stolen, or if it was, the insurance company could never wriggle out from paying me as with the addition of a Kryptonite D shackle and flexi cable its gold protection all the way.
on 15 April 2013
Got this to literally fortify my garden shed which house my very expensive bikes. Needed a Gold standard Sold Secure Anchor Point or 'immovable object', to satisfy the insurance company. It looks small, but no chance...you could anchor a boat to this thing. The shackle will NOT be vulnerable to attack from any burglar unless they rock up with C4 and/or an angle grinder and as long as you install it correctly you can be safe knowing that the only weak point will now be (in my case) the bike frames. I use this with the Master Lock D-Lock which is also Gold - Sold Secure and some other cables to loop into the D-Lock - The result, it works a treat!!! It's a big old unit but sturdy and one look at this and any burglar will know that it's not worth the effort.
on 17 July 2011
Seems as tough as old boots. Easy to put down but you need a good drill plus bit.
Smart looking also. For some reason i had to use some longer bolts to fit the cover (cosmetic only.)I reckon it would be pretty tough to get it out of the concrete floor but make sure you carefully smack those ball bearings into the tops of the bolts otherwise they will ping out and you will lose them.
on 25 January 2016
As a security device, it’s a good product. Very secure, thick loop and so much more bigger than I expected. I obviously didn’t look at its dimensions clearly. Loads of room for any size chain, or multiple chains when sized up against my 16mm Almax.

The one major problem was one of the expanding rawl bolts was faulty – the bolt wouldn’t grip when screwed in, which meant buying a new one from a local DIY store and trying to remove the faulty one from the wall- what a pain! The rawl plugs are in tight even before they expand. Luckily it was only one, and I had someone with the skill and tools to help me. Also the new bolt meant the plastic casing didn’t fit quite as I hoped for, but I found a decent work-around.

Finally this product doesn’t come with the two different sized Allen keys you’ll need to screw in the bolts. Maybe it’s me; but with an RRP of £102 surely it would make sense to include these
on 27 July 2013
Strong anchor, but I would not recommend the fixing bolts at they were of poor quality, I changed them for a superior set in the builders yard as the original bolts did not lock down true enough.
on 23 May 2015
Solid, BUT, I needed to buy an SDS drill to drill the 16mm holes in our garage floor as my existing hammer drill could not penetrate concrete. And I had to buy SDS drill bits, 16 mm and other smaller ones to make pilot holes. And, my fault, I didn't understand how the metal rawl bolts worked, and (stupidly) hammered the whole 4 bolts straight in which ruined them. A spare set of 4 Abus ones are £38!!! I then had to dril a separate new set of 4 holes. Drilling accurately with a 16 mm drill bit I found difficult. All in all, not the easiest bit of kit to fix. But solid when done.
on 8 July 2014
I bought this to secure my cycle to the garage wall. It is bigger and heavier than I expected, very solid with plenty of room to get a thick chain or D lock through. The anti-tamper element involves hammering ball bearings into the bolt heads, which are allen key secured. I fitted mine 'upside down' so that the ring stays dropped down, so it is easier to get the D lock through with no need to fiddle about lifting it up every time. It feels very sturdy and secure. I am very pleased with it.