This book is very, very different to any other computer book you have ever read. The Smart Method provides an entirely new and better way to learn ASP.NET, C# and Visual Studio. Here are just five of the many ways in which this book is unique:
- This book will give you the vital first step towards a career in web development without confusing with unnecessary complexity. Users who wish to learn more complex techniques can progress to the Expert Skills book.
- This is the only book that is also available as a low-cost video (DVD). Each can be used as a stand-alone product, but together they provide an incredibly powerful learning experience.
- Instruction is logically structured into sessions and lessons. While this makes the book ideal for self-instruction, you can also use it to run your own, highly effective, adult training courses.
- Every lesson is presented on two facing sheets of A4 paper (the pages are much bigger than in any other ASP.NET book).
- Along with programming skills, this book teaches best practices that are often ignored by other books.
You'll immediately appreciate the value and relevance of each skill as it is taught. Both IT professionals and absolute beginners will love this book because it avoids needless technical jargon and concisely explains everything you need in a simple and no-nonsense way.
From the Back Cover
Amongst other things you'll learn how to:
- Install and configure the completely free Visual Studio Express
- Create and design ASP.NET web pages
- Understand the inner workings of ASP.NET
- Work with ASP.NET's most useful controls
- Understand, create and use C# variables
- Make use of the extensive .NET library
- Understand, create and use C# classes
- Perform complex logical operations using C# code
- Use ASP.NET's authentication and login features
- Create data-centric web applications using the new LINQ technology
- Test and debug ASP.NET web sites
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
AOL Time Warner, The United States Army, Daimler Chrysler, Motorola, HSBC, Barclays, American Express, Allied Irish Banks, Imperial Tobacco, Volvo, The BBC, British Petroleum, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Unilever, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Ministry of Defence, Keele University, Deutsche Bank, HBOS, Transport For London, The Performing Rights Society, Scottish Power, The Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman, BAE Systems, RBS, Marks & Spencer, Virgin, O2, BMW... and many, many others.