on 30 January 2010
This revision guide is very useful, but it does have a clear error on page 62. Under Tripartite System point three it states that students went to technical schools if they failed the 11+ this is factually incorrect; you had to pass the 11+ to go to either grammar or technical schools. It is apparently going to be corrected in the next printing of the book, however, it does concern me that there may be other errors in the guide. Therefore, useful, but keep a close watch on the facts which you are learning, and, if in doubt, cross check them with another text book.
on 2 June 2011
This CGP revision guide is a good aid for anyone studying Sociology at AS Level. As a revision guide, it covers all the required topics, but I must stress that it does not cover them in enough detail to achieve the top grades. Like all other CGP guides, the concepts are well explained and nicely summarised. The layout is excellent with all the topics subdivided into manageable chunks. Also, as with all CGP guides you can expect plenty of jokes to make you cringe.

I would recommend that you purchase this guide, however, you should make sure you have another source to fill in the gaps.
on 16 October 2014
+++ quick delivery, nice and clear to understand! Colourful, includes tables and funny comments at the bottom , nice and thin so it's lightweight in your bag

--- it's a little too brief , the book misses some stuff out too
on 22 January 2013
Bought this after having a combination of a boring textbook and an amazingly bad teacher. Went from remembering nothing about the families and households unit to being able to revise a page or two at a time and getting loads of information due to the clear, concise notes and simple wording. Also has lots of statistics in to back up essays, and a couple of pages at the back containing examples of top level short answers and essays. Only problem is it seems to miss out a very small amount of the information that my other textbook does on the education unit- but I don't think this will be a problem.
9.5/10, brilliant book but should probably be used with another for the best revision.
on 2 July 2009
I actually wanted this book to help me with a sociology unit in my HNC in Occupational Therapy Support. I found it really helpful and it covered everything I needed. It's laid out in a very clear, concise user friendly manner. I would definitely recommend it.
on 31 May 2015
It's a great book to get the ball rolling! Really helped me get into the mindset of revision however there are gaps of key information in the book, so I wouldn't advise solely learning from it. Refer back to other textbooks and notes from teachers and I found it really helpful to annotate this book to elaborate on points mentioned.
on 10 April 2013
This book is very useful and it has all the topics you need to know for the exam. However, all these topics are summarised and if you were to only use this book I would see it hard to get beyond a C. I use this guide in conjunction with other textbooks, for that this book is perfect.
on 17 September 2011
i got an A IN SOCIOLOGY IN COPNJUNTION WITH USINGTHIS BOOK , BUT A WARnign you wil need to use this book with something elese like notes from the interent to get mopre detail and it hewlped my to write in it and stick potic notes in it
on 7 April 2014
Im teaching myself the syllabus with ICS and this has been a great help. If you're looking for something that gets straight to the point this may be the book you're looking for. There are sample questions at the end of each section which keep you busy so dont worry your knowledge isnt been tested.
on 6 March 2014
It does help a lot with my revision, since I started using it there has been a drastic increase in my performance, however it would be nice if I could order a customised book.
Thanks