This is the second one of these I have purchased. The first one was from a different seller and called something else, but was identical to this one. The first one never worked at all and the plug was faulty, causing it to overheat, so I obtained a refund. This one would not work at first, but did after I cleaned out the water reservoir with lemon juice, as instructed in the manual. It was great when it was working, but it stopped misting after only a few days of use, although the light still worked. I only filled it with bottled water together with a few drops of essential oil (eucalyptus), as the instructions said this was preferable to using tap water. I have therefore returned it and am awaiting a refund. I love the idea of these, but this particular design does seem to have an inherent fault or else I am just unlucky!