Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-6 of 6 questions
votes
You can use it for anything you want to plug into it - I've a telephone answering machine and an uplighter in mine as well as the PC - but you'll need a USB connection if you want to use the PowerChute software, and run time depends on the total wattage.
14 Jun 2014 by Paul
votes
I wish I could answer your question but I really don't know. I can tell you that when we had a blackout earlier in the year. The top row kept my computer, monitor and modem going for hours so that I could get information needed to report the blackout to the right quarter. I can tell you only that NONE of the items attached stopped momentarily in preference to another, so it is certainly worth a try. Wish I could be of more help. It is a great product.
10 Jun 2014 by Dr. Joan Padro
votes
Hi, I have not installed the software. I am not sure what you mean regarding replacement of the battery, however, during a prolonged power cut in the winter it beeped for the length of time there was no power and the beeps became more rapid at the point the battery support ran out. As soon as power was restored, some hours later, the battery recharged.
27 May 2014 by G. Coates
votes
Mac OS 10.7+ has USB drivers for UPS devices built in, so software isn't a problem
18 Apr 2014 by Dr. Mike Reddy
votes
I don't use the software as have the unit plugged in via usb to netgear nas that monitors the battery level in case of power outage. I then have plugged into it the nas server and all my other machines like macs and pc etc. it's a great unit and saved my bacon 5 times already where I live.
14 Feb 2014 by A. Cummings
votes
It didn't come with specific MAC software but my MAC is attached to it and it saved my sanity earlier this year when we had a power failure.. There are 8 outlets and the top 4 are protected by a battery. It lasted long enough so that I could go on line and find the numbers I needed to report a fault, give information, and notify friends about the problem. The battery goes after a few hours accompanied by beeps and then will recharge automatically once power is restored. I wouldn't be without it. Hope that helps. bet. J. Padro
3 days ago by Dr. Joan Padro
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers