AOC Q2963PM 29 inch Ultrawide IPS LED Monitor (21:9, 2560x1080, 6ms, UWHD)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Giant display delivering a true cinema feeling at home, thanks to a 21:9 format and UWHD resolution
- MHL connectivity allows you to directly display the content of any compatible mobile device
- Screen+ sortware enables you to divide the desktop into different practical panes, all accessible through shortcuts
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
A new dimension of entertainment is here - the myMulti-Play Q2963Pm. Thanks to a 21:9 format and UWHD (2560 x 1080) resolution, this giant delivers a true cinema feeling at home, enabling you to watch Cinemascope movies in their native format without those disturbing black bars. In addition, the energy-efficient myMulti-Play with LED backlights is equipped with MHL connectivity, which allows you to directly display the content of any compatible mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet PC) on the big screen. The included Screen+ software qualifies the widescreen display as an ideal solution for office applications. With this software you can divide the extra-large desktop into different practical panes, which are accessible through shortcuts. This perfect entertainer is sure to take you to an entirely new dimension.
AOC Q2963PM Monitor
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Very good build. Almost entirely metal, this thing weights more than my 32 inch Sony Bravia TV. It looks very sturdy. It also has special anti-scratch and shock-resistant panel on top of the screen. It doesn't interfere with the picture at all, but it prevents the screen from external harm. And it is quite a good plate too, for example even touching the screen and applying pressure will not create the distortions that you would see on most other screens, be it PC, TV or anything else.
- Screen does not heat up and create strong magnetic fields. Unlike TFT screens IPS panels do not heat up, which means the screen will not serve to further dry up the room's air. Furthermore it seems to generate much weaker magnetic field (my father's a physicist, so I have the devices to measure), which means it will not accelerate dust into your eyes like many other other monitors do. This doesn't mean you shouldn't take breaks to relax your eyes a little every now and then, but it does mean that the screen it generally friendlier to the eyeball.
- IPS panel. As you know. The more expensive IPS panel provides much better color reproduction than TFT screens and generally results in a richer, more vibrant pictures. It is especially good for longer sessions, as it is not so tiring for the eyes (again).
- Very fast for an IPS screen. This screen is also extremely fast.Read more ›
The first thing I would say is that the monitor looks quite amazing as its so extreme!
However, for a while I was actually considering returning it due to my Macbook 2008 not being able to match the resolution (max 1280 x 1024). As a result everything was either either stretched or massive if I used my native resolution. My graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB) supported the resolution but my Mac didn't (if that makes sense) and Geforce had stopped updates for it. So I was quite gutted for a while.
After ALOT of research I managed to find a software called SwitchResX which is free and enables you to force the correct resolution to the monitor (2510 x 1080)
Now everything looks perfect and crisp! I really hope this helps others.
Movies are a joy. The great colour replication and viewing angles make for a fantastic experience. The speakers are clearly less than impressive, as with all monitors, but the back IO has it's own 3.5mm output for easy speaker set up. Games benefit greatly from the aspect ratio, mainly racing games and first person titles where impression are key. Where it shines however is in productivity. You can fit 2-3 windows easily, having videos on one side and webpages on the other or research on one half while you type without having to switch back and forth.
The range of inputs is impressive, with HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort. Response time is fine for IPS, along with input lag that is fine for the average user though won't be impressing any competitive players. A standard VESA compatible mount is found on the back which makes up for the tilt only stand included. The bezels are a bit flimsy but not a worry, it's a monitor after all.
Overall it's a fantastic package that can argue it's place in most applications. The IPS display is a joy, the movie watching experience cannot be rivalled in this range and at this price it's about as good as it gets for gaming immersion.
I can see many other people who have had no issues, so maybe I just got unlucky. If you do decide to buy it for wall-mounting, though, be aware that with the stand removed and the back plate folded down, the bottom of the back plate is more or less flush with the bottom of the monitor. So, although you can hide any connection to the side of the back plate, you cannot hide anything that goes into the bottom. Like the power plug, for instance. The mounting holes are inset, too, so you'll need some spacers to fit between your mounting plate and the monitor. Really not well designed at all.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought mine from Amazon for £259... awesome price. That was 2014. Shame its over £400 now... it's a new thing for electronic equipment to appreciate and not the other way roundPublished 2 months ago by Marc E. Wall
I Must Say that this Is A Fantastic Monitor It took bit of time to get used to it But ( Id Never Go Back To normal Again )
If your a Gamer Its Brilliant Some Times can be Pain... Read more
This review is by my son who owns the monitor.
I have been using the monitor daily for a year or so and I love it. Read more
Very, very good. But now I want to see three full windows so now I want an even wider monitor. This is a stunning product that has done everything I wanted and so much more. Read morePublished 14 months ago by PaulD
Very good display.Watching movies on it is an absolute blast, no more black bars.Games with my gtx 780 look really good.Published 15 months ago by ANUBHAV BHARDWAJ
I had my first one in September the 18th I believe. Second week in turned it on and( DVI no input).. Tried everything, even changing the type of input to VGA, still no input. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Jen