on 18 August 2014
Do not buy these! A nearly £100 reduction is not a bargain, it's an act of desperation.

On the plus side these headphones sound amazing. For the first few hours or days they stay together. Apparently AKG's Chinese manufacturer used the wrong material in the construction which has supposedly since been rectified. Well I'm on my third pair and although they are supposed to be defect free these have also developed a crack in the joint between the element and the headband. Tiesto would never use these in a club, they wouldn't last five minutes.

It's a shame as AKG gear is usually extremely good. They have been seriously let down by their manufacturer as is reflected in the price these headphones now sell for.
on 1 August 2013
Took delivery of these today - purchased through a different channel.

These are NOT hifi-lover sound purists headphones, these are for walking down the street - or mucking about with a small mix at home kinda headphones.

The price point for these AKG K67 headphones is a bit lower in other market regions than EU/UK, but even in EU/UK they're priced comparatively low in relation to the competition.

I've scored them 3 stars, and from a sound quality point of view that IS a bit harsh, as they're actually not too bad, especially considering the price.
So why the 2 star pull down? Well...
Build quality of the frame - and the plug.. simple as.. It's just not up to par, even when you consider that these are a pair of sub 100gbp headphones. (I'll upload some pictures so you can see for yourselves.)
I'd planned to bring mine out and about - I have a little gig coming up, and the new headphones were meant as a treat to myself..now I need to rethink as my oldoldold creative labs headset is a much sturdier build, and they were cheaper to boot!

Sound-wise the headphones are good and neutral, but they dont appear to handle increased bass levels too well - which is a shame..if you intend to listen in a noisy environment (gym, club, somewhere with screaming kids, trains, buses, airplanes)..having said that, the muffs do shut out a fair bit of background noise, so you may not need to turn it up to 11.
On that note - the need a fair bit of oomph to get going (driving power) - this means if you hook them up to a source with a small amplifier - such as a phone - the max volume isn't all that loud, no tinnitus for you ;-)

Anyway - good sound, no so good build quality of the frame.. I think if you're a bit gentle with them you'll be alright.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 28 December 2014
These headphones are very good in most ways. What makes me give then 1 star is after a short use of about a month they break. Where the headphone is joined to the headband is just not up to the job. I had two pairs and both went the same way. Lucky for me Amazon replaced the first pair then refunded me after the second pair.
on 13 January 2014
Amazing quality with different settings for studio, stage and club atmospheres. The base is good and in studio mode it emphasizes tones to make it easier for editing
on 8 January 2015
Probably one of the best things I've purchased from amazon. These headphones are worth every penny. They really do bring the sound to life , you can hear everything so clearly and is so well balanced. There's things you don't hear on a normal track , when listening through a car radio or speakers but when you put the headphones on everything comes to life and you notice new things for the first time. They are slightly bass heavy but are just remarkable headphones with high performance and fantastic overall sound. Suitable for any kind of activity and have a very good length cable that is thin. Compared to the 167 and 267 which have a thick coil style cable.
on 13 March 2013
Swapped my beats for these headphones and they are far superior - well worth the extra money spent. Bass really come through, they are really comfortable and the headphone cable is long enough not to get in the way.
on 30 July 2015
Shocking ! Ok for first few uses but after a few times of wearing these headphones they cracked on the pivot of the earpiece not really used them since apart from today as I used them to listen to some music before I play rugby couldn't as the whole unit on the left ear disintegrated ! For the price I payed I'm not happy as they haven't been used more than 5 times and cost over £50 NOT HAPPY AT ALL ! Will be trying to send them to akg see what they say
on 3 July 2015
First of all the sound quality on these is good - it was noticeably better than the inner earphones I was using. The base is nice and the sound was clear and rich.

However after 4 months of use part of the plastic had broken of that houses the rotating part of the headphones. So although these are a nice pair of headphones - they can be fragile, so consider this before purchasing. Very disappointing.
review image
on 26 October 2014
I got these headphones yesterday and used them today. I must say it has the right level of bass with the rest of the sound. It definitely has everything I was looking for in a pair of headphones. I'd recommend them to anyone
on 13 January 2015
Have had these headphones now for 6months. Don't know much about the technology behind them but i love the way they sound, nice and punchy but very clean at the same time. They hug your head nicely which somewhat isolates you from other noise. The pads covering your ears are thick and soft enough that I can wear them throughout the day without feeling uncomfortable and double up as super warm earmuffs in the winter!
The wire is INCREDIBLY durable. I'm awful for letting my phone fall from my joggers pockets for example and have been through multiple pairs of headphones (Beacon Orions, Skullcandy Recruits, some Senneheisers to name but a few) where this would happen and afterwards one of the speakers would only play if you held the wire at a certain angle and eventually break down completely etc etc. The wire for these headphones has been through some punishment in my clumsy possession and they are still working just as they did when I first opened the box.
My only criticism of these headphones is that sometimes the arms of my glasses get pressed against my head which is uncomfortable during extended use, but you can adjust them if you're patient enough.
I think they look pretty pro as well. Honestly haven't had a better pair of headphones my whole life and I've paid twice as much in the past as well.
If you don't know what you want, you want these. They've got it all.