Platform: Nintendo DS|Change

on 1 December 2011
Admittedly I bought this game as a hold over, to play until I get back to my PS3 so I could play the console version I recently got and quickly got addicted to. The DS version is almost nothing like the console version. It gives you far less choice than the console version, there is only one playable character choice and only 2 initial powers. All of the levels feel the same and the combat is very easy. Also there are several glitches that mean that the character get stuck behind objects and some that stop certain objectives from being completed. Its frustrating. The graphics are terrible too, even for the DS, its hard to tell what you're actually looking at.

However, purely on the basis of having it there to play, I have played a lot worse. I guess its good if you're a fan of X-Men in general and want to explore a bit more of the story arc that Destiny presents and the DS version gives a completely new story that runs parallel to the console version. The Cut scene graphics are nice, kind of comic book, which makes the cut scenes a pleasant break from the rest of the game.

Overall, if you really want X-Men Destiny, get it on console, if you want a bit of quick beat 'em fun, get the DS version.
on 9 September 2015
wasnt expecting much with it being an older game, not much of a challenge, better for someone new to DS or gaming in general