It's time for a new spin on the first person shooter, with this innovative new adventure that gives you control of not just three, but four dimensions. Parachuted onto a mysterious island, that has fallen victim to a failed Soviet experiment, you find the whole areas is constantly moving backwards and forwards in time between 1950 and 2010.
The TMD has a devastating effect on living enemies
| Repair this bridge instantly by moving it back in time |
| A Cold War experiment gone awry could destroy the world |
| Russian Spetnaz troops are also on the island with you |
Russian soldiers are the least of your worries though, as you discover bizarre new mutant animals and plant life that has its own ability to move through time. Luckily you gain a TMD (time manipulation device) which gives you your own powers, including rewinding time and instantly aging any object.
The TMD can also freeze enemies in place or throw them about like a gravity gun, giving you a unique set of tactical options in combat and when figuring out the island's secrets. When you do it's a race to defeat the time singularity from destroying reality forever. Key Features
About the Developer: Raven Software
- Singular story: Uncover the mystery behind island Katorga-12, as you battle modern and Cold War era Russian soldiers and the bizarre mutants created by the time singularity.
- Time control: Unique TMD (time manipulation device) lets you turn back time, freeze enemies and instantly age objects.
- Creative control: Destroy an enemy's cover by aging it to dust in front of them or recover ammo by pulling supplies back through time with the TMD.
- Puzzle time: Use the TMD to open a lock by instantly rusting it or return a collapsed bridge to its original state in the game's many ingenious puzzles.
- Time to die: Utilise the unique time controls in the game's equally innovative multiplayer modes as you manipulate the battlefield to your advantage.
Although this American developer was acquired by Activision in 1997 they have a long history of working with Id Software on games such as Hexen, Quake 4 and Wolfenstein. They've also been behind the Soldier of Fortune and Marvel Ultimate Alliance series, plus the new Singularity.
Time is your weapon. Time is your enemy. Time is collapsing.
It's 2010. A powerful and wealthy Russian mercenary has reopened a mysterious research base on Katorga-12, an island off the coast of Siberia. This island was the site of Soviet experimentation in the 1950s that led to a catastrophic, Chernobyl-sized accident - the Singularity - that fractured time itself. Katorga-12 was abandoned, locked down and shrouded in secrecy until today.
You play as Nate Renko, a U.S. Air Force pilot sent on a recon mission to investigate new, wild readings coming from Katorga-12. Your plane is brought down, and you quickly find yourself in the middle of a massive Russian cover up that started during the Cold War and that threatens all of humanity today. You fight to survive, and to stop the Singularity from spreading and destroying the world.
- Intense Combat: Fight your way through an ever-shifting environment haunted with time-ravaged creatures, while sudden time waves hurl you back and forth between 1950 and the present day.
- Time as a Weapon: Use the TMD - the Time Manipulation Device - to change the age of objects and enemies for your combat advantage.
- Conspiracy-Driven Storyline: Unravel the mystery behind this top-secret Russian military experiment before it's too late.
- Epic Sci-Fi Environments: Explore a graphically rich, fully interactive world with Unreal 3-powered lighting, physics, and effects.
- Compelling Multiplayer: Test your skills and strategy in unique, time-based multiplayer action spanning across two eras.