Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 September 2013
good value and quality productand delivery was good as well came in the time that was stated very pleased with i
on 15 February 2010
OK, so the grammar isn't always perfect but that might not annoy you like it does me. It's the quality of the information that's what's really important and I can't fault that. Just buy it. You know you want to and I know you won't regret it.
on 17 April 2016
This book left me feeling incredibly disappointed.

I suppose as an A-to-Z guide to all things AC/DC it would be acceptable enough for those who know nothing about the band. However, if you've already read a couple of the currently available AC/DC biographies or watched a couple of band history videos, you'll very possibly find it a waste of money.

Now, despite it's name I certainly hadn't expected the book to be a heavily intellectual tome. But I did believe at the bare mininum it would provide some interesting background to the band's music, yet on this point it fails spectacularly. Inexcusably so, I would argue.

Look up a song and you will invariably be told nothing more than the topic of the lyrics with a couple of lines then quoted for reinforcement. It's pretty much a case of 'this song is about sex, or might be about sex, and here's a couple of lines from the song which show it's about sex or might be about sex'. Possibly useful if you've never actually heard the music, utterly useless if you have. Entries for singles B-sides tend to be given even less attention, usually telling the reader no more than the song was a B-side to whichever single in whatever year.

So in that respect, with the music being the band's major aspect, the lack of depth is astounding, to the point of insulting the paying reader. It truly surprises me that in this age of the Internet, with a wealth of information freely available using the most basic online searches, the authors (yes, it took two of them to do this) would consider acceptable a reference book so shallow in regards to the music.

I give "AC/DC - The Encyclopedia" a one star rating only because Amazon does not provide a zero star option. You really would be better advised to spend your money on one of the currently available AC/DC biographies, or browse the band's Wikipedia entry for an hour.