Research your family's history without ever leaving the comfort of your home!
AARP Genealogy Online: Tech to Connect provides you with the know-how to research your family's history using the latest and greatest online tools and resources. From using social networking to tracking family members to using new genealogical software for the first time, this fun-but-straightforward guide is an ideal starting point for beginners who are interested in tracking their ancestry and family history with ease and enjoyment.
- Covers everything you need to know about starting a genealogical research project, beginning with where and how to find interesting information
- Shares tips for communicating with other online genealogists, building a simple website that can be used for sharing information with other family members, and using public access catalogs
- Assumes no prior knowledge of doing genealogical research
- Offers the opportunity to obtain free genealogical database access as well as free genealogical software tools, including versions of Legacy Family Tree and Personal Ancestral Files
- Features task-oriented tutorials arranged in such a way to make it easy to find material and achieve success
Interested in finding your roots? AARP Genealogy Online: Tech to Connect helps intrigued researchers build an effective genealogy database to connect with their past and share it with the future.
From the Back Cover
Get ready to embark on an exciting journey through your family′s history Whether you′re an experienced genealogist or just getting started with your family tree, let this guide be your ticket to the past. You′ll learn how easy it is to find ancestral details, communicate with other online genealogists, and leverage social networking sites to locate family and friends. As you piece together your genealogy, you′ll also discover how to build your own website to share the information you′ve uncovered with the rest of your family. You won′t believe how much fun you′ll have learning about your roots! You′ll find: Hints for creating your online family tree and writing your own autobiography A list of websites that candramatically speed up your research Tips for gleaning important details from government records and databases How to find your way using geographic records and maps Steps for effectively searching through special record collections Social networks that can help you build your family tree How DNA tests can help you learn more about your family′s history