AA Snow and Ice Grips
|Price:||£2.69 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£5.30 (66%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Universal Fit
- Ideal for Snow & Icy Conditions
- Seven Steel Studs Provide Excellent Traction
- Lightweight & Compact
- Velcro Fastening for Easy Fit
This item is available because of the Add-on programme
The AA snow and ice grips are ideal for helping you keep your footing in winter conditions. Lightweight and compact, you can keep these grips in your car or in a bag ready to tackle the snow and ice we have been plagued with in recent years. The AA snow and ice grips are easy to fit, with a single-pull velcro strap, and one size fits all. There are seven steel studs per cleat to provide excellent traction while walking, ideal for keeping your footing in winter snow and ice conditions.
Look for similar items by category
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I bought a few pairs for presents and kept a pair for myself. This morning, I went to visit a man who lives alone without transport and took them off when I went into his home. He asked so many questions about them and admired them so much I gave them to him and told him I would get myself more. Now, back here on Amazon I see that their price has increased by 50% - who's taking advantage??
- in 20 minutes outside they came off 5 times and then I couldn't be bothered anymore.
- I agree that one has to tighten them a lot to get more than 8 meters out of them
- that it raised the shoe did not bother me - if only they would have worked
- I don't think it would be right to have to go and try all sorts of shoes where they might fit - that defeats the purpose
- I could imagine they might fit better on shoes with a rough upper layer, maybe with hooks; and on those with a good profile - but then I would not need those grippers anyway if I would have such shoes.
- the inside of the grippers is too slippery, and will come off most shoes very quickly - the product needs to be re-designed with other material in that respect
- the velcro-fastening is in principal a good idea, only it does not work, as the grips don't stay in place, some elastic strong band would be better
- the velcro-fastening is not that easy to put on and off wearing gloves, and since I wanted to give my mother also a pair, I know for her it would be very difficult to find the bit where to hold it and zip it open.
- also the end bit of the fastener should not slide this easily through hole, as especially with cold, or old fingers it can be tricky to fiddle it back through the hole again. I think a design which stops the end bit from completely detaching, would be better.
- the walking in these grips is a bit awkward, slowed me down, which however might be a good thing on snow.
- I found the packaging not practical, as I am sure mainly the over 35 year olds are likely to by it, and I had to use force to open it, I don't know how my mother would have managed.Read more ›
These grips are designed to go between the ball of your foot and the heel of you shoe. They will fall off is placed incorrectly. Maybe if they came with instructions, the reviews would be better for these grips as they provide ample grip, allowing me to be the only person that could make it to work (which had been closed anyway due to the ice and snow!).
On sheet ice and compacted snow, they're great. On deeper snow, you need to ensure the velcro is tightly fastened and so long as it is, they will not fall off is placed correctly on the shoe. The spikes rust after use, which is why I knocked a star off although this doesn't seem to affect their performance. I would've though stainless steel would be a better material for spikes that will spend much of their time getting wet.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought as a surprise gift for my wife who likes walking in wintry conditions. Good productPublished 15 days ago by R J Miles
Good value and I image they will work well - however it has never snowed since I bought them :o)Published 3 months ago by ExeterA
Both pairs of these grips broke when used for the first time!Published 10 months ago by Mrs J S PAGE
When I first saw these I thought they looked sturdy and good quality. However the first time I used them they came off the boots very quickly. Read morePublished 12 months ago by C B.