Customer Discussions > Dead Space (Xbox 360) forum

A repetitive game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Jun 2010 12:05:17 BDT
Crom says:
I loved Resident Evil 4, and was a big fan of both Resident Evil 5 and Gears of War 2 cooperative play, so this seems as it might suit me down to a tee. However, having played the demo it seemed awfully repetitive and a bit tedious constantly having to shoot off limbs of giant insectish things. Is it like this all the way through; should I bother getting it?

Posted on 7 Jun 2010 20:25:03 BDT
sk8erkeef says:
pretty much... having said that, I enjoyed it!

Posted on 25 Oct 2012 16:06:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Oct 2012 16:06:55 BDT
Tim.T says:
HALO is repetitive, yet people love it (as do I). Shooters can't really avoid being repetitive; it's like reading a murder-mystery novel and asking why there are so many murders in it. What games should do, however, is try to break-up that monotony whenever possible, and I think DEAD SPACE does that. It has a few surprises that demand you change tactic. The Regenerator necromorph, the Brutes, and the Twitcher for example all require different tactics to beat them. And then there are the 'upgraded' necromorphs (darker in colour) that require more shots to kill them. Then they are situations in which you have to fight while in zero-G, facing not only necromorphs but a limited air-supply in a vacuum. The boss fights also require tactics, especially the 'mother of all boss fights' at the end! I'm on my second play-through, and I've played games that I'd consider more repetitive and boring. DEAD SPACE ain't one of them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb443a0a8)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  5 Jun 2010
Latest post:  25 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Space (Xbox 360)
Dead Space (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (149)