Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 61 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Nov 2012 08:27:01 GMT
J. Pattison says:
So I have had this limited edition on preorder since 25 of May. Amazon chose to wait until the morning of dispatch to try charge me, for some reason this didn't go through. Not sure why because I have enough money in the account all the details are current and I've ordered using it not too long ago.

Rather than just retry payment on their end I got an email asking me to retry payment which luckily I saw early this morning. So I did using the same card details. This appears to have worked but it has pushed me back in the queue so now estimated delivery is the 8th of Nov.

So by your error I have been moved back, I tried to change delivery method from first class to next day as soon as I saw this but I couldn't change it, because it is "despatching soon" Well I wouldn't call tomorrow soon.

Maybe you will redeem yourselves and get this to me 6th/7th because honestly I'm not like alot of the other people on here who expect there games to either arrive early or on the day. I was always fine with it arriving a day later than release. But now through your error this is looking unlikely.

I know you have alot of orders to fulfil but surely the largest on-line retailer should be able to handle the launch of one game smoothly, but this seems the happen every time. If I do not receive the game before the 8th I will be deleting my Amazon account.

Between your poor delivery and Game's poor pricing structure I can't wait until you are both priced out by the supermarkets. Which is already where I buy 90% of my games.

Ive always been an evangelist for Amazon, and encouraged a lot of friends over the years to put aside there on-line shopping worries to try you out. But recently service has been shocking and more and more poor decisions like this are popping up.

Like I said before hopefully you can redeem yourself and if I receive the game before the 8th maybe I'll reconsider. But I definitely won't be relying on you for my pre-order again.

Once a proud customer, now just another disgruntled and ranting gamer.

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 08:41:07 GMT
Mr. H. Porch says:
Same thing happened to me, I'm going to phone them soon to see if they can "amend" this problem.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 08:50:12 GMT
DJmousefarm says:
The exact same thing happened to me this morning. I amended it as soon as possible and now it's just sitting there with "dispatching soon" and with "soon" being tomorrow. Really gutted by this. I had already paid the extra for first class, thankfully, but now I would happily pay more to get next day delivery.

I did have to change my card details at one point in the past between placing my order and today, but I can see absolutely nothing wrong with what I've changed them to. I also know that the card I was using was fine.

Surely it wouldn't hurt for them to include the option to change your delivery method for items that were due to arrive on the day but due to some issue this may no longer be possible?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 08:53:23 GMT
Happend to me this morning also

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 08:55:52 GMT
i hope you have sent this directly to someone also as its unlikely they will read it on here

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 08:56:16 GMT
Happened to me this morning except i pressed retry card by accident and now it wont let me change my card detail again even though i know where the error is. I also tried adding a new card, that didnt work. I am so annoyed right now

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 09:11:08 GMT
I was just in a chat with an amazon employee he tried helping but wasnt much use, however. Somehow with my card details incorrect, the payment has been taken out. Yeyyy

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:20:45 GMT
Mr. H. Porch says:
If I pay extra for next day delivery now, would it still work?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:22:40 GMT
I have too and yeah, if it dispatches today we should get it tomorrow. Estimates always have the worst possible outcomes. Like when i ordered my phone case and head phones from here they both came 2 days early and that was just with free delivery

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 09:24:13 GMT
happened to me also. i have just got off the phone to them and THEN AFTER PAYING FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY over the phone i am then told i will only receive on Wednesday the earliest. The retard on the phone told me that they receive their copies on Tuesday then they ship them out. WTF

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 09:24:42 GMT
Darth Naga says:
This seems to be a widespread issue...why the hell have amazon done this??

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:25:44 GMT
2 guys from amazon told me that they get them the day before the game comes out so the order will be sent that night ready for the next day. Im telling you its always the worst outcome

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 09:31:53 GMT
Mike says:
Is everyone having this issue with the Limited Edition?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:32:39 GMT
Most people yeah

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 09:35:49 GMT
Mike says:
Mine is still at Dispatching Soon, I haven't had the message to say that there have been issues. Hopefully shouldn't since they just told me that a copy of the standard edition I bought as a present has been dispatched and that was with the same card details.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:37:42 GMT
DJmousefarm says:
Yes. Mine was limited edition. :( I've also checked my recent orders and Halo 4 LE is not the first I've ordered using those card details! Looking more like a severe Amazon snafu all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:39:57 GMT
Mike says:
This happened with Gears 3 as well. Don't think I'll be using Amazon for any preorders after this. They seem to miss the point of it being a preorder

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:41:08 GMT
Well you guys are further along then me, mine is processing for dispatch and i know right. They should charge as soon as you order, that way if there are any errors, it would let you know. They do have a silly system

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:42:18 GMT
Exactly! You pre order something to get it on the day, not to get it like days afterwards. I mean if i have to i can wait, its just this is my first 3 days off work for a while and i wanted to play halo 4, but then i will have another 4 days at work/college.

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 09:47:47 GMT
Mr. H. Porch says:
Why not just scrap the preorder system and put in place a Prepurchase system, that way, if there are any problems, It's Amazon so it's very likely, they could drop us an email every now and then claiming everything is good and glorious, and when it gets closer the date, they can send a few saying that "the payment was successful on Xth of Xmonth, and you should expect it to be delivered on the Xth"

Amazon seriously don't know the meaning of "Pre-order".

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:48:33 GMT
Exactly, you could run the company better!

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 09:54:52 GMT
Darth Naga says:
Shopto operate a prepurchase system! AND they are good with delivery!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 09:56:47 GMT
Too late now :( I just hope it comes tomorrow or wednesday. Tomorrow hopefully but i doubt it

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 10:00:24 GMT
Mr. H. Porch says:
I have heard alot of good things about Shopto recently, it's seems like it's going to be the next Amazon...

..that was meant to be insulting...

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 10:02:31 GMT
Mr. H. Porch says:
Mr. Andrew,

I would certainly give it a try, I don't understand why Amazon haven't implemented this kind of transaction, if other websites such as Shopto can do it, Even Steam can do it, why can't Amazon, a huge delivery company, not handle a preorder made months in advance? It's embarrassing and it doesn't put confidence in it's customers.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  5 Nov 2012
Latest post:  6 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (125)