on 11 March 2001
"A Year to Live" is another thought-provoking and inspiring book from Stephen Levine. As is plain from the title, the book is an account of the author's experience in living one year as if it were his last. The author (who has worked with the dying for many years) suggests a series of deceptively simple, yet very powerful, meditations as part of a one-year process to enter more fully into life and death. I am finding (I am only half way through my year) that my experience of life is alredy richer, more profound and more consistently filled with joy.
In the self-help/spiritual genre of book (of which I have read many) this one is unique and compares favourably with "Who Dies?" by the same author which is one of my favourite books.
I would definitely recommend this book
on 4 September 2011
SOUNDS A DEPRESSING TITLE, BUT COULDN'T BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. VERY MOTIVATING FOR ANYONE WANTING TO MAKE THEIR LIVES MORE MEANINGFUL AND ENJOYABLE.
on 24 September 2013
This is not the first book of this author that I have read with relish, but it is the one I will keep going back to and working with for the rest of my life
on 25 October 2015
Life changing!
on 27 March 2015
Hard going at this time
on 25 August 2014
I'm still here!
on 28 March 2015
Thank you for the speedy delivery.Brilliant read I'd thoroughly recommend it .
on 1 September 2014
I didn't really like this book, didn't feel positive about death or life.