- Paperback: 282 pages
- Publisher: Traveler's Press (Sep 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0965778002
- ISBN-13: 978-0965778008
- Product Dimensions: 21.1 x 13.7 x 2.5 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,869,495 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
One for the Best Travel Book of the Year; and the other for the Best Cover of the Year.
1. Caribbean Geography, Terrain and Environment
2. The Amerindians
3. Discovery -- "The Enterprise of the Indies"
4. Spanish Quest for Power and Gold
5. European Power Struggle & Settlements
6. Buccaneers, Pirates and Privateers
7. The Sugar Era
8. Slavery & Slave Revolts
9. Post-slavery Era
Part II relates the historical development of 32 major islands.
The book is a lightweight, easy-to-read, 281 page paperback.