Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 September 2013
One of the key things I liked about this book is that it encourages managers to take responsibility for their own development. It is not prescriptive (do it like this) but makes suggestions that can be adapted to a person's particular circumstances (here is something that we found worked elsewhere, give it a go and see what happens).

I also liked that this book is very readable. It is constructed in a way that makes it easy to find what you want, couched in easily accessible terminology, and fits models and concepts into real-life scenarios, addressing the reader as an individual.

There are 4 elements to the book. Firstly a short section telling you how the book works, and how to find your way around it. Secondly, a section giving guidelines on how to formulate a workable development plan. Thirdly a section with some excellent activities, all of which are explained in terms of their benefits and outcomes. There is a useful table to help you choose activities appropriate to your need, and all are designed to be completed within a relatively short space of time, acknowledging that managers are busy people. The final section is targeted at trainers, so if you wish to incorporate some of the exercises into development programmes, this section will help you do that.

This book will be an asset to me as an individual manager as well as a designer of management training courses. Wish I'd known about it ages ago!!
on 14 January 2015
I used this over 30 years ago and found it was super for my needs. I bought an up to date version for my daughter who is moving into a management role and she is delighted with it. It is a great book for this purpose. Its design is short and concise. You identify your strengths and areas for development using the self assessment tool and then use the sections in the second half to start the development process.
on 15 September 2015
This is a ca 20 page book which has been described as a 352 edition in the product description. I am requesting a full refund. A clear scam if there ever was one.
on 15 June 2014
great thought provoking book. Arrived in good condition as expected. Just have to do lots of reading and work now.
on 10 November 2014
Good, especially if you don't know where are you and where you want to go in your career
on 30 September 2014
The book and full set are great sources. Use all the time
on 5 May 2016
Easy format to read, will use them again
on 13 May 2016
Perfect
on 22 March 2015
I am a little disappointed that, on opening my kindle this book is not the full version as advertised, is this correct?
on 14 December 2014
I bought this manual as a Kindle download and it is only at most 23 pages so not as described. I wouldn't waste your money.