Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 19 May 2004
This album has a number of tracks duplicating those recorded for the It, Wit... album (Taboo, Shattered Illusions, Jealousy and Lieder - a clever song you could never listen to more than once!), which is interesting if only to compare the performances of Denise Wharmby and Issy van Randwyk in the soprano role.
There are however plenty more original and bitingly satirical songs - Yuppies, Radiating Love and Whites Blues are worthy of a mention,particularly the latter for its pin-sharp deconstruction of soft-centred middle class pseudo-liberal angst. I'd have to say there are also a few slightly tiresome numbers I wouldn't choose to play again in a hurry, not least Sew on a Sequin.
With these girls, what you see is (almost) what you get. Even so, this is a sly, lyrically knowing collection showcasing a remarkable talent. Buy and enjoy, knowing that the subtleties will reach your ears gradually over time.
on 20 May 2000
This is the second recording I have of Fascinating Aida, and I am really impressed by it. I have found that I need to listen to their music a few times before I can catch whats going on - but after that I seem to find something new each time I listen. I think that they are exceptionally clever and I always wondered what YUPPIE stood for! My favourite track so far is Radiating Love - what would we all look like if there was all this radioactive fall out?
on 30 January 2013
Fascinating Aida at their very best I have always been a fan and each time I play this CD it gives me pleasure very witty,
on 31 October 2010
Never heard of them before appeared on youTube. Now own almost all cd's. Non PC, funny, well written. Fantastic.JP
on 22 April 2008
Much of this album is very funny - Shattered Illusions is, of course, one of FA's finest moments while Yuppies is a worthy successor to 'Sloane Rangers' but for me the standout moment on this is the gorgeous Kern-alike number 'Another Man'. A truly lovely song, which sounds for all the world like a '40s standard - until yuo hear what they are singing about. Genuinely touching.
on 1 August 2015
Just attend their shiows.
on 7 August 2015