- Hardcover: 192 pages
- Publisher: DK (17 Jan. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1409364445
- ISBN-13: 978-1409364443
- Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 1.9 x 22.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 404,295 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
A Little Course in Preserving Hardcover – 17 Jan 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have a fruit and vegetable allotment, so I usually make quite a lot of jam with my own produce in the summer, but most recipe books only have one or two recipes at most. Again, making pickles is rarely covered in general cookbooks, and it can be a hassle to find recipes on line. I hope this book will fill that gap, and it looks far more comprehensive than other preserving books I have borrowed from the library.
The book is divided into three sections with a sort of beginners, intermediate and advanced structure, the idea being that the reader will follow through these stages. I doubt I will do this, but it is just as good as a recipe book, with simple jams and more unusual ideas such as figs in syrup or even potted meats.
I am now curious about other books in this series.
Pictures made this a very easy book to follow
I especially liked the detailed recipes that were then followed by alternative flavours