Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.33

on 13 May 2013
Do not be put off by the cover or indeed even the title, this book is not seedy, yes it has a few naughty swear words but it is not set insuburbia! It is a thoroughly enjoyable story with a wonderfully sympathetic set of characters who live and love despite the enormous disadvantages life has dealt them. Great story line too. Really enjoyed it, perfect holiday reading.
Having read and enjoyed "Call me Elizabeth" and "Call me Madam", I wanted to read " Kind of Life".
Dawn writes well and her first two books are a realistic account of the struggles she has faced in life and conquered to bring up her children. The third book is a novel based on some of her experiences and knowledge of life in the 1980's.
All Dawn's books are interesting and easy to read as they are well written and entertaining.
Dawn also writes excellent short stories.
Those wishing to learn more about the real world should read Dawn's books!
on 27 September 2013
Another fantastic book by Dawn Annandale, congratulations and can't wait until your next book is released. I don't usually read fiction but this book is a must read. There is so many twists and turns and like Dawn's other books you feel that you are there and part of it all. I think it helps when you have a writer who is very descriptive and there's nothing she has missed in this book.
on 5 May 2014
Enjoyed reading this I have read other Dawn Annandale books and totally enjoyed them all. Call me Elizabeth was my fav
on 29 July 2013
The kind of book you can't put down. I couldn't be sure if I was reading a work of fiction or documentary scripts, the characters come to life,some make you feel rage and angry at how cruel humans can be whilst others restore a faith in humanity...can't wait for the next one.
on 21 September 2014
I give this book 5 stars. I couldn't put it down. BEAUTIFUL STORY. Started reading it before I went to bed but kept reading it all night until I had finished it.
on 28 January 2015
I have read all the author's books & they are a fabulous read, always well written, full of emotions from tears to happiness.
on 30 January 2015
Loved this book. Was very gripping and I couldn't put down so it didn't take me long to read it , great .
on 12 July 2013
Never really thought about the kids on the streets or why they are there. Opened my eyes to how people live in screwed up families. Very touching and I even cried in one part. Recommended highly.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2015
Brilliant though you need to read call me Elizabeth first
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse