For both novices and advanced C++ programmers
This book provides both novice and experienced programmers with a comprehensive resource manual for the C++ programming language. Readers gain experience in all aspects of programming, from elementary language concepts to professional software development, with in depth coverage of all the language elements en route. These elements are carefully ordered to help the reader create useful programs every step of the way.
In addition, every double-page spread in the book is organized to provide a unique visual presentation of language concepts and further reinforce key ideas. Additional information, such as sample programs, case studies, and filter programs, make this text a well-structured and intelligible learning and reference guide for anyone interested in C++.
- The book takes readers step-by-step through the entire process of learning to program in C++
- The text provides a comprehensive, detailed, and clear description of C++ based on the International Standard ISO/IEC 14882 that was ratified in 1998.
- Every double page spread is arranged to explain language concepts and language elements on the right, illustrated with graphics and sample programs on the left.
- All programs are tested for different platforms(Windows 9x, 2000, NT, and, UNIX)
- Built-in Types, Standard Classes
- Control Flow, Operators
- Functions and Macros
- Arrays, Strings, Pointers and References
- Classes, Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Overloading Operators and Functions
- Function and Class Templates
- Exception Handling
- Sequential and Random File Access with Streams
- Sequential and Associative Containers, Adapter Classes, Bitsets
We wish you, Dear Reader, lots of fun with C++!
Ulla Kirch-Prinz & Peter Prinz