on 24 January 2013
The battery it self is good, lasts as long as the canon brand, but the locking device on this unit broke after second use, the plastic is just not strong enough, if you buy this, be very careful when changing the battery, if you work in the press or sports when fast battery change is needed I would give this one a pass
on 15 October 2014
The battery itself has performed well so far but the secondary side push button does not lock. This may be important if you change batteries in a hurry. The end seal plate and rubber seal also was not such a good fit as the canon original ones, but you can remove these from the old Canon ones and replace them. They do the job.
on 16 September 2011
Good enough for the money, but a bit fiddely at first. It took 4/5 trys to get the battery to fit properly, not good when wedding guests are waiting for you to fit a battery mid way through shooting their wedding. Not too professional to be seen wrestling it into position. After a few uses, it seam to ease.
on 15 November 2010
Read a previous review and was left in two minds due to the highlighted problems. Took the plunge and was not disappointed. The replacement fits as it should and works a treat. At the purchased price it turned out to be a steal. Packaging left a lot to be desired, just a flimsy cardboard box, but it did arrive undamaged. Bottom line, worth every penny providing the goods arrive in one piece.
on 26 February 2012
I too struggled with fitting the battery initially but once I got the knack, push in tab and twist, it works perfectly well and fits into the body without hassle. I will agree though it's not as smooth as the Canon mechanism but that is 10 times the price.

That said it does fit and lock in perfectly and for 10% of the cost of an original Canon battery I really don't think you can go wrong.
on 18 February 2012
I bought similar batteries years ago and the same rule applies, they are cheap, they do work as stated but the locking mechanisms are rubbish.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day but at £12.00 they have to be regarded as a great value for money replacement battery, however they are a pain to fit in the camera. As others have commented, this may ease up over time.

A work-around I found last time was to unscrew the locking mechanism from my worn out original Canon battery (two small screws) and swap it onto this new conpatible one.

To sum up, great value, long battery life and they do fit eventually, but only after a bit of fiddling around.
on 7 January 2013
Battery charging socket is faulty. Does not connect to charger. There seems to be a whole lot of those in the UK. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!
on 12 January 2011
I have only had the battery for only a month now and I am very satisfied with its performance. The last time I used it I must have taken at least 150 pictures and it was still showing a full charge. I think I got myself a good bargain considering the price I paid for it.
on 20 March 2011
Unlike a previous battery I purchased from a different supplier and subsequently returned, this one works brilliantly. At this price a real bargain. I will almost certainly buy another.
on 17 January 2015
good purchase, look like the original canon, durable, and long lasting.