on 22 May 2008
I snapped a ligament in my knee and my physiotherapist asked me to have a go on one of these.

I think the idea was that it would improve proprioreception (i.e. our ability to balance and know what our body is doing when our eyes are closed) and this in turn would reduce the risk of reinjuring the knee.

I did consider my balance to be okay, e.g. I can walk along scaffold poles without holding on to something, but still I found balancing on a wobble board to be quite a challenge. As such I still feel motivated to use it, months later.

If you have zero balance you can use it whilst holding on to something. I would have given 5 stars but £27 for a bit of wood seems a bit steep. It probably helps skateboarding/surfing ability but I am not so cool as to be able to confirm that.
33 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2009
An essential bit of kit for anyone rehabing from ankle injury/surgery. Helps to reeducate propriceptors, increase ankle stability and flexibilty, can also provide an excellent core workout if used for sit ups and push ups, squats etc. This simple bit of kit will help you get back on your feet with confidence in next to no time, however be warned you have to persevere with it!
on 28 February 2013
I carefully researched many wobble boards on the net before deciding on this one and I have not been disappointed.
I wanted a board that would help strengthen my ankles and legs, improve my balance and more importantly train my core muscles so I feel stronger in my whole being.
This board is not as cheap as some but it looks like it will last for ever, is an ideal size if you are new to this kind of exercise (small ones can be tricky for a beginner like me).
There is an exercise DVD included which is useful to get you started although there are plenty more exercises on the web if you want them of course. I have had it for a couple of weeks now and my inner strength, leg tone, balance etc have all improved immensely even in such a short time. The first few times I used it I was exhausted afterwards, it really gives muscles that you don't normally use a really good workout!
The improvements you make in balance and strength come quickly so it is quite addictive and not something you will put away after a couple of goes hopefully.
It is a real five star item so if you are looking for a wobble board that you will actually keep using, this is the one to get.
on 11 October 2011
This wobble board is very well made and robust, albeit a difficult wobble board to balance on. It sits in front of the TV so that we can practice regularly. Good non-slip surface on top that works with trainers or bare feet. It is a great tool for building core strength as well as building up weak ankles and lower legs.
on 4 February 2009
Good quality & strong (I am not the lightest of people & didn't trust the look of the plastic ones) but I admit to feeling it was a bit expensive for a circle of board with a half ball stuck to the bottom & a non-slip pad on the top.
BUT - good fun & harder than it looks to balance on it.
on 14 October 2011
Fantastic wobble board - way better than the cheaper, plastic & celebrity endorsed ones! It was recommended by my Physio and he was absolutely right, it's great for strengthening muscles and ligaments in feet & ankles.
on 6 January 2010
Following a painful bout of tendonitis in my ankle, I had a course of physiotherapy during which I was given various excercises to do at home to aid rehabilitation. I was recommended the wobble board.

It was fantastic - it develops your core muscles to compensate and in time, gives you passive stability you didn't even have before the injury. For example, initially you'll barely balance on it, but after a month of (minimum 15 minute) daily excercise, usually while watching TV, you should be able to balance with eyes closed - passive balance which means in the course of daily life, your muscles reflexively move to avoid injury when you slip etc

I'm quite tall and have big feet so got the 50cm board, but as you get better, you can start moving your feet closer to the centre or even balance on one foot

I find I no longer sprain my ankle playing sports and can only guess at the good it's also doing my knees and hips
on 12 May 2010
After ACL surgery, my Physiotherapist recommended for me to use a Wobble Board and said that I would benefit from an advanced one. I bought this 66 Fit Wobble Board and have used it regularly. This has strengthened my hamstring and calf muscles and re-established a full range of motion in my knee.

The Wobble Board was a little advanced for me at first, so I began using it on carpeted floor. I have now progressed to using it on a normal floor surface. It is made from wood with a PVC surface which is easy to clean after using it with bare feet. As I have said, it is difficult at first, but by holding onto a chair or table I got used to it after a few attempts. I think this is an excellent product and I am continuing to use it.
VINE VOICEon 5 September 2013
I bought this wobble board to try and help deal with my knee pain - caused by flat-footedness, age and regular running and distance walking.

Just trying to balance on it is great fun and I love it. I can see how it is good for ankle and hip injuries as most of the strength required to balance seems to come from those areas. However, I can't say it has helped my knee (leg exercises I found of Google Play for my mobile phone have helped more). Nevertheless, I don't regret the purchase as the board is fun and very good for loosening up the legs prior to a run.

The board comes with a very good DVD demonstrating the various exercises though, to be honest, it is mainly about balancing. I am only at about 15 seconds so still have a long way to go before the suggested 1 minute balance time. Then I will be able to move to squats and more difficult balancing.

The board is sturdily built and the delivery was very fast.

It is a very enjoyable piece of kit and I am addicted to balancing on it throughout the day - mainly in front of the telly.

One piece of advice, it may well make a dent in your carpet or expensive flooring. Get a carpet tile, lino offcut, or even a ceramic tile to place under it to save the dents.
on 15 November 2012
This wobble board has worked wonders for both my ankles and I honestly can't recommend it enough!!

I have always had trouble with `rolling' my ankles when playing football and for anyone that plays a lot of football, this can be one of the most frustrating injuries as the injury can rear its ugly head at any given time!!

I can't stand missing even an evening's worth of football so decided that I needed to take some action so decided to purchase a wobble board on a recommendation. It turned out to be the best possible decision I could have made. I could feel the strength in both ankles increasing after every use and within a week, I had the confidence to return to playing football and haven't looked back since!!

I still regularly use the wobble board (twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening) to keep my ankles as strong as possible and reduce the risk of injuring either of my ankles again so the board has easily paid for itself and then some!!

Last bit of advice I can give if you are contemplating buying this wobble board is to do it! I can 100% guarantee that you won't regret it!!!