Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Mar 2010 16:55:27 GMT
I have just purchased Family Tree Maker 2010 and on the cover it states that there is 6 months free membership to ancestry.co.uk. I have regsitered my copy and also re-regitered with ancestry.co.uk but they still ask for a joining fee when I try to access records. Can anyone explain why this might be? Thanks. Heather

Posted on 16 May 2010 22:34:01 BDT
My own view exactly. I am wondering whether I have just thrown money away, having had TWO cards turned down ?because they do not have sufficient time left on them. I am also concerned at having to agree to waive my rights under english law. This is quite clearly stated in the Ancestry.co.uk 'terms and conditions'. Cand this be legal?
HC Penn

Posted on 17 Jul 2010 14:17:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jul 2010 14:21:48 BDT
Mgt Hall says:
I am currently using the six months free subscription to Ancestry, I did have an initial problem registering it as I cancelled my full subscription to make use of the free six months however the system seemed to think I was re registering and took the full amount from my bank. I emailed them, then rang them (phone number below), the problem was sorted very quickly over the phone and the full amount was returned to my bank within days. I love Ancestry (been with them four years) and will be taking out a full subscription when the free six months run out. Ancestry send me an email ONE MONTH before the renewal is due to remind me they will take the subscription from my account unless I cancel it.
Copied from an email sent to me from Ancestry.
>The link below will explain how to activate your 6 months of access. If you need further assistance you can contact us at 0-800-404-9723 our hours are Mon-Fri from 9am to 7pm and Sat. from 9am to 5pm<.

Answer Title: Activating Your Subscription within Family Tree Maker 2009 & 2010
Answer Link: http://ancestryuk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ancestryuk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4402
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  20 Mar 2010
Latest post:  17 Jul 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Family Tree Maker 2010 Platinum Edition (PC CD)
Family Tree Maker 2010 Platinum Edition (PC CD) by Avanquest Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (86)