4.4 out of 5 stars2,086
Size: 34W x 32L|Colour: Blue (Hook 1307)|Change

on 4 April 2014
Great fit as always with 501's.I chose Marlon as I prefer the dark colour of the jean.
Straight leg and always a dependable good fit around the waist,sitting above the waist, not on it like some jeans.
on 23 November 2014
I used to love Levis 501 jeans. They used to last a good few years, however I can no longer justify the price any more as my last 3 pairs have all sprung a hole in the crotch in a matter of months.

My latest pair was bought for my birthday in August (this year) and are now showing signs of a hole in the crotch just like my other pairs. I would like to point out that I only wear jeans at the weekend and days I have off work, so VERY light usage but surely they should last longer than a couple of months for the price you pay.

This is my last ever pair of Levi's as they Quality Control seems to have completely gone and I'm sick of companies thinking they can flock a sub standard product for a premium price.
review image
33 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2014
These are made in Turkey from the batch number , POOR QUALITY - ILL FITTING AND NOT VERY GOOD AT ALL !!! Although a few reviewers on here have stated '' jean's they have purchased are fake ?? '' They are how ever real Levi's being sold here ,(( just LOW COST , THIN DENIM MADE IN UNSKILLED SWEATSHOPS )) HENCE THE BAD BAD BUILD QUALITY OF THESE 501'S MIXED WITH POOR POOR DENIM .

How-ever Levi's CLOSED the last of it's AMERICAN factory's in 2003 , so the LEVI STRAUSS most people are comparing these to are (( REAL LEVI'S )) previously purchased . Unfortunately the last of the true high grade QUALITY jean's was lost after the 2006-2009 period ''AGAIN DUE TO MANUFACTURING COST'S . The last of the real USA build quality jean's '' WAS 504 OFFICE BOY /511 BLUE LOOM /S DIAMONDS . Due to production costs and the NOW common use of thin low grade denim mixed with poor build quality and shockingly bad designs makes for a disastrous future !! How ever the jean's being sold here are poor second quality that would never make store's ' hence the reviews here and the (( LOW PRICE )) !!
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2013
Actually quite satisfied with the jeans, however can totally understand why people think this product is fake. The quality of levis now is abysmal, you actually get a better finish with a £20 pair from Burton's.

However I have been looking in several levi shops, house of Fraser, debenhams and the quality of the jeans being sold there at full price is the same. I actually walked out of house of Fraser, intending to but a pair at full price but could not find a pair that didn't have stitching coming undone or sewing flaws.

So I am pleased to say amazon has provided a pair of levis £28 cheaper with no sewing flaws, albeit with the same usual poor quality you can now expect from levis.

Btw surprised at quality of tommy hillfiger jeans, they seem to be what levis used to be ... So that's what I am buying next time!
on 9 April 2014
I bought jeans as they were a good price and was happy with the fit but holes appeared around knees after a month which was strange as i don't kneel in them . Made me think i should have paid an extra £20 and bought from my local store which always last years. i will not buy again
on 9 June 2014
When I was younger and had the disposable cash I bought a pair of 501's. They were brilliant and lasted me for about ten years, eventually giving up the ghost some years back. I bought a new pair circa 12 months ago. When they arrived I thought they were a bit thin but as I hadn't had a pair on for ages I thought nothing of it. They have worn quickly and over the weekend split spectacularly along a seam which the old ones never looked likely to (and I've lost weight since getting them...). You get what you pay for I suppose but I'm pretty bloody cross.
33 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2012
These are not the quality I have been used to in my 501s. Thinner denim, smaller hems. I thought they were fake at first but it seems you can get genuine poor quality levis! Where are Amazon getting them from? Made in Bangla Desh on labels.
22 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2013
BE CAREFUL, IT IS A FAKE!

I just received it. I checked the pants and I think it's not my expected. I bought this here because the low price attracts me as most of you. But I think the item I received is not a genuine product of Levi's. I have several pants of Levi's and by my intuition, I think it is a fake. To confirm, I checked the topic about how to distinguish the stuff of Levi's on the web and then I went to a Levi's store around my home with the item I received and compared it with the same mode sold there with the help of staff there, then my conclusion is the item I received is a fake.

Exactly, the sides of the pockets of the genuine Levi's jeans are double sewed, and this pants are single-sewed. This is very important to distinguish the genuine and the fake.Obviously, counterfeiters always want to save costs.

Then, the leather label on the right butt pocket is different. On the genuine,I can clearly see the horse's mane, But on this one, I can see nothing. Besides that, the red tag on the right butt pocket is also different. In genuine, the two sides(top and bottom) of the red tag are sewed, and the mark R (registered mark) is on the middle of the fold of the tag, but this product is not.

There are also many other characteristics can be used to distinguish. I don't want to list them one by one. For example, some fasteners like plastic raher than copper.

BE CAREFUL!!!
66 comments|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2011
I have bought several of these jeans in the past. I have now seen sense and decided to stop. Here's why.....go into Debenhams or any highend department store and pick up a pair of their 501s and feel how they have been made! I did and have found that there is no comparison. The jeans I have purchased from Amazon have all lasted no more that 6 months before holes appear in the knees and no, I do not kneel that much since arthritis prevents that. So, maybe the reviews that say these Amazon supplied jeans are fakes are correct or is it that they are made in parts of the world that produce cheaply made clothes made by poorly paid labour? Anyhow, I have decided that it is a false economy to buy my jeans from Amazon so I will pay the extra £15 for extra durability from a British department store.
on 6 December 2012
The product arrived with labels indicating that it was the size ordered but when compared against another pair of Levis of the same is it clearly wasn't. I also doubt that the product was genuine.
11 comment|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse