on 7 June 2012
I must admit when i opened the parcel I didn't think that it would be that sturdy however I absolutely love it. So easy to build up, I'm 17 and it's for my room and I built it myself so that easy! Holds a lot of shoes. Never been so excited about a product before hahaha, it takes any sort of shoe from heels to wellies. Going to post customer pictures that's how much I love it!
review image review image
on 23 February 2010
This was a waste of money. It doesnt stand up for itself, caused I think by the design of the extension, there is no lock or solid frame so it just wobbles all over the place. The shoes fall off it all the time, just as you walk past. It truly is a useless design. The only reason it looked attractive was because it had potential to carry a lot of shoes (4 racks not 2) and extendable to fit the individual space and also because there was not a lot of choice above the two rack variety. I dont often take the time to write a review, but I was so angry at the fact that it was such a bad product.... I just had to write! Dont buy it!
on 22 November 2012
I am soooooooo impressed with this!

Long story short, I am a bit of a shoe addict, and when I started running out of space and things got untidy, I bought a bunch of clear boxes. As neat as it sounds, it was hell when it came to actually finding the right shoes to go with an outfit - always ending up in a clear box mess and then having to put everything away again once done mix and matching. I came across this rack and in my mind I could already imagine it working out. And it did.

I bought 4 in total, stacked them up in my shoe wardrobe. I bought these specifically because they're extendable and I could make sure they fit within the wardrobe. VERY easy to assemble. I think my biggest concern at the time was "which way do I put this in?" which lasted for about 2 minutes. I now have an easily accessible selection of shoes, it's tidy and looks great. Never again would I go back to the clear boxes... I will add a photo shortly.

By the way, people who complain about it being flimsy or falling over in the first week: Indeed it's a budget product, but so is Ikea. What do these two have in common you ask? Both have a paper slip with instructions and a reminder to tighten the screws once in a while. As far as I am concerned, this is exactly what I needed and I couldn't be happier.
review image
on 25 September 2009
Pro's: All my 16 pairs of shoes (size 40) fit on actually 3 tiers. Therefore I got one left over now, which I am sure will come in handy in the near future. Also, I was able to hang a few bags on each corner of the rack which is really neat.

Con's: The shoe rack is a bit wobbly, so I recommend to put it close to a wall/or in a corner.

Overall, very happy with my purchse, finally all my shoes are sorted out.
on 4 July 2013
The item slightly different from shown in the picture. Its just two shoe racks coming in a single package that are stackable. The seller should have mentioned it in the product description. Buying two racks separately would have been cheaper option for me, for other buyers please check before you buy.
on 10 November 2009
Although this product looks quite nice, it is very slippy and consequently flat shoes slip off it easily. It's great for heeled shoes however. If you can put it against a wall backwards then it would work better but I still find that flat shoes slip off mine.
on 3 July 2009
Its appearance was much how I expected, but the shoes slip off with just a gentle knock. I can't say I have much experience with shoe racks, so am not sure if it's because the shoes are stored at an angle that is too steep (I don't think you get a very clear impression of the steepness from the picture), or if it's because the chrome finish is too slippy.
on 22 September 2010
Surely it must be an act of fraud for anyone to sell a shoe rack of such abysmally poor quality! It is the worst product ever. I have never been so enraged about buying a useless item. I bought this item off Amazon because I have acquired a few more shoes and have had an excellent experience with a similar 4-tier shoe rack I bought from Woolworths 2 years ago that perfectly met my needs. The shoe rack I got from Woolies is sturdy and solid. In addition, the Woolies one still stays together even when fully extended, comfortably holds all the shoes put on it without wobbling/falling apart and even cost a little less than this rubbish sold by Elite Housewares.

You dare not try to extend the Elite Houseware product fully because at best, the racks would end up being V-shaped and at worst, just fall down. Unfortunately, my husband set up the rack whilst I was away and has discarded the packaging so I doubt it would be possible to return this item. You may be able to get some use out of this item if it is not extended at all otherwise stay away from it. But that would still be a nuisance if it is described as an item that can fit 24 pairs of shoes but can actually take a dozen. If you are concerned about value for money and the word of a seller being his/her bond then PLS DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM! I would rate this product a negative value if it were possible.
on 20 October 2011
Feedback required,as I purchased the 4 Tier Chrome Shoe Rack (Amazon ASIN: B00167WR3E) and also the 2 Tier Chrome Shoe Rack (Amazon ASIN: B00144O1GU) and thought it important for some decent feedback.

I thought they would be the same, however the 4 Tier Shoe Rack is absolute JUNK. Its just cheap, cheap quality and flimsy....

On the other hand the 2 Tier Rack is much better quality, and if you want to have a 4 tier, buy 2 of these and you can stack them.

I was disappointed that the 4 Tier Shoe Rack was so poor quality compared to the 2 Tier Shoe Rack. (Not sure why some review says Fantastic...must have been another product?)

Pathetic is the word to describe this product.4 Tier Chrome Finish Stackable Extendable Shoe Storage Rack

Great and sturdy is the word to describe the 2 Tier Chrome Shoe Rack. 2 Tier Extendable Shoe Rack
on 12 April 2011
Absolutely hopeless. The rack is at such an angle and being chrome that all my trainers just slide off. I collect trainers so bought this to have them on show but instead I have to have them facing the wall to stop them ending up all over the floor. Service was very good though!!