3d mod war 2 compatability

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 May 2010 13:34:57 BDT
Bluto says:
Help

1st game I played with the new kit - Stranglehold - was absolutley amazing. 2nd game - Bioshock 2 - sometimes worked. Others seemed to have probs, so wasn't too concerned.

Tried COD:Mod War 2 last night, and it's a complete no-go, and others don't appear to having probs

Anyone got any advice (windows vista with nvidia geforce 9600), partic with the in-game advanced graphics settings ?

Ta NAA

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jan 2011 07:37:31 GMT
Clever Spud says:
No expert, but maybe your video card is too slow to keep up with the 3D effect at your chosen settings. Stranglehold was a straight unambitious console port which looked fine but I don't remember it having particularly ambitious graphics, whereas those other two could be maxed out with all sorts of screen bling. Anyway... just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2011 08:25:33 GMT
Bluto says:
CS - many thanks for response. I solved my own query about a week after posting, and it was all down to my own stupidity ! I had assumed the kit worked like a peripheral: once set up, no need to really do anything more, therefore I never thought of updating the drivers for the glasses. Once done, MW2 worked fine (though with me dipping into it every so often, I actually only completed it over Xmas !). Might go back and try Bioshock 2 again, as that was probably the reason that didn't work.

Certainly hasn't put me off the kit - I don't think I've come across such a cheap bit of kit, that adds so much more to the gaming experience.

Thanks again

NAA
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  21 May 2010
Latest post:  6 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses
NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses by Nvidia
3.9 out of 5 stars   (19)